Confirmed with Link: Dmitry Kuzmin signs ELC

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Makes sense. I noticed he hadn't played any games with his team in the Belarusian Cup.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Interesting... usually 3rd rounds picks don't get offered an ELC right after their draft, esp not on the Jets. Assuming this is so the Jets can control where he plays. All of Belarusian League, OHL, AHL and ECHL are options for him to play in this fall, I assume the Jets want to dictate where he plays, hence the signing.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Interesting... usually 3rd rounds picks don't get offered an ELC right after their draft, esp not on the Jets. Assuming this is so the Jets can control where he plays. All of Belarusian League, OHL, AHL and ECHL are options for him to play in this fall, I assume the Jets want to dictate where he plays, hence the signing.
I'm not entirely sure he can play in the AHL. He was already committed to Flint but only played overseas due to the pandemic. Not 100% sure on the rules there though, if someone more well versed can chime in.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

I think he ends up in Flint this season.

Reactions: jetsforever

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
I'm not entirely sure he can play in the AHL. He was already committed to Flint but only played overseas due to the pandemic. Not 100% sure on the rules there though, if someone more well versed can chime in.
If he hasn't played in the OHL yet he isn't bound by the CHL/NHL agreement

Reactions: libertarian

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

He can play in the AHL if the Jets want him too. He was only bound by the agreement if he was drafted out of the CHL and even then there are weird rulings surrounding whether he was loaned or not.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Isn't Flint a sketchy organization? Would the Jets even want their prospect to play there?

It's the OHL and I don't think they brought him over to play with the Moose. Flint owns his import rights so I think the OHL is probably the ideal place for him right now. Too young for the AHL in my opinion, he's not a Perfetti who's got loads of talent, plus he plays on D.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Jacksonville, our ECHL affiliate, maybe?

I'm not sure if they are our affiliate anymore.

Meet Our Affiliates

Affiliate-Web-Banner

Jets' ECHL Affiliate to Remain in Jacksonville - Game On Media

Last edited:

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Will probably get a shot at the moose during their training camp, if he doesn't cut it then OHL or ECHL for him I'd assume

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.

Good point @Guardian17, I sure hope so. What a sweetheart! Talk about heartbreaking when she acknowledges that she may not ever see him again. I’d guess that he’d transition better to NA lifestyle with his family along (if they want to come).

Hopefully it can happen in the way they all want & it’s one of those success stories many of us wish for.

E2D706B7-91C4-4790-A57A-EF0CBCF5B7CA.gif

ps. Thank you for the Thread @gojetsgo

Jetsetter

Mar 2, 2015
Winnerpeg
Interesting signing. 3rd rounder this year. Must want to advance his development seeing talent that should be harvested. Looking forward to seeing him at camp. Congrats Dmitry!

Reactions: hn777

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad