Rumor: Dmitry Kulikov is available

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
8. Another UFA-to-be worth watching: Buffalo’s Dmitry Kulikov. Nightmare of a start to the season, a freak pre-season injury from smashing into an open bench door. Sabres coach Dan Bylsma said Kulikov won’t practise much the rest of the year. He played 24:11, 25:32 and 22:47 in the last three games, after a month-long absence. Eric Engels mentioned his availability during the Buffalo/Montreal broadcast Tuesday night, and it makes sense. He’s better than we’ve seen during this cursed season, though.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-lightnings-yzerman-not-biting-low-offers-bishop/

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
You know he's horrible when Buffalo, whom is desperate for quality LHD are willing to trade him.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
You know he's horrible when Buffalo, whom is desperate for quality LHD are willing to trade him.

That would also be a sign of their season being written off. Kulikov could still fetch some decent draft picks, even with his tough season.

On the other hand, the Pysyk trade would make a lot less sense.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I never knew about that injury till now.

Crazy.

Soon to be UFA, makes sense to get something in return if they don't plan on keeping him/risking exposure to draft.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
After the expansion draft claims 6-7 good dmen, this dude will get PAID on July 1st.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
well if Mike Weber can return a 3rd...

Kuli staying healthy and rebounding his game this month will determine the return, I'd say he has a pretty proven track record of who he is, despite this awful season.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
I would offer Washington 2nd and Desharnais as a cap dump but they'll will be better options than Kulikox soon

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Kulikov has been okay. I still think he's a better defenseman than Pysyk. We'll see what happens with him moving forward. It obviously wouldn't surprise me if Buffalo dealt him before the deadline with the way this season has gone.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I would offer Washington 2nd and Desharnais as a cap dump but they'll will be better options than Kulikox soon

Well yeah, Shattenkirk is a better option if he becomes available. Other than that...nope. I don't think there is a better UFA to be D from a non-playoff hunt team. If I'm wrong I'll cop to it. Show your work.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Kulikov has been okay. I still think he's a better defenseman than Pysyk. We'll see what happens with him moving forward. It obviously wouldn't surprise me if Buffalo dealt him before the deadline with the way this season has gone.

LOL, no he isn't.

Then when you see he wants 5 million plus on his next deal, LOL.

Thanks Tim Murray.

KHL is calling this kid soon. High hopes for the guy coming out of the Q, but he was rushed. Will still play 10 years in the league maybe.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Trading him makes no sense. And now he sucks because he's been seriously hurt all year?

No, I felt he was almost always overrated by fans around the league.

He is what he is. A black hole offensively, with passable D. For what he thinks he is worth, he is not long for the league.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
LOL, no he isn't.

Then when you see he wants 5 million plus on his next deal, LOL.

Thanks Tim Murray.

KHL is calling this kid soon.

Lol. Kulikov is a top 4 guy in the NHL and those guys rarely take off to the KHL, but I get it. He's Russian and I'm sure he can't wait to go home and take less money. He'll probably get overpaid in free agency, because good defenseman get overpaid in free agency. As far as Pysyk. Glad you guys like him. In a sheltered role I'm sure he'll be decent for you guys. In the playoffs when it gets more physical and you may actually need some sort of offensive contribution out of him, I'd put all my money on him disappointing you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad