Prospect Info: Dmitri Kostenko, RHD, - (VHL Rights Traded to Yugra)

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire
https://thehockeywriters.com/dmitri-kostenko-2021-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

“Kostenko can be a maddening player to watch- there is a lot of offensive skill and ability there, but there are real concerns pertaining to defensive play. He possesses one of the best sets of hands in this year’s MHL class, his passes are crisp and accurate, and his slap shot has some power behind it. However, all too often, he seems lost or unwilling to compete without the puck, especially in the defensive zone. This is only exacerbated by playing in the VHL. Additionally, while his skating looks fine when on the attack, the mechanics seem to break down a bit when reacting to an attacking player.” – Ross Martin/The Draft Analyst
” Kostenko is an interesting case of a player who clearly exhibits skill, skating, and creativity while playing on a team that has very few other players that stack up. When in the VHL, he had very little help. On the MHL club, outside of fellow 2021 draft prospect Fyodor Svechkov, there isn’t much to work with upfront. Kostenko is at his best when he is able to find himself some room with his feet and the puck on his stick and then dishing passes around the offensive zone. He plays with a bit of deception, looking off opponents and threading a no-look pass off his backhand or faking a shot and finding a teammate on the backdoor.” – Tony Ferrari/DobberProspects

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
His contract in Russia is up at the end of the year. If he was born 10 days sooner he would have been in last years draft, so he'll be 19 when the KHL season starts (their preseason has already started). He crushed it in the junior league so he spent most of the time in the VHL (their AHL), should be interesting to see if he can get some KHL games.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
D shooting right. That's about the extent of the Habs drafting analysis.

Not a bad hockey player, I have him on my list.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Would be good to get Markov a coach job for Romanov / Kostenko.

Hahaha Markov is my favourite Hab in the last 20 years.... but I really don't think he would make a good coach... talking isn't really his thing..

I'm sure there are better options.

Reactions: Fenris

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce