Cut/Released: DJ Swearinger

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Sucks to see him go. All he was doing was saying the truth and voicing the majority opinion.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Free speech doesn’t apply to employer/employee relationships. If I was that publicly critical of my company I’d be out the door within an hour.

Reactions: ArchAngel55

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sucks to see him go. All he was doing was saying the truth and voicing the majority opinion.

If it was the opinion of the players, I guess that remains to be seen.

Probably should've waited until next week, though.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Steelers had interest in the past and it's likely they won't have any defensive coaches for him to get mad at by this time next week. Wouldn't be against it.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Not surprising

I don't expect him to get any longterm deals in future. He has track record of this with coaches as noted in Houston and other stops in his career and teams will be wary about bringing him in for more then one year

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...aling-radio-interview/?utm_term=.efe2d56755f8

His comments about Allen and players who support coach that aren't him is another issue and now we have Allen and others players on one side of fence and guys like Trent Williams coming out in support of Swearinger in wake of cut

Some are trying to treat this like a great travesty but coaches don't like being attacked by players in media and undermined and with Gruden to be back in Washington he was going to be cut anyway

I personally would have benched him and cut him in offseason but this is what Skins decided to do instead

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Also for Swearinger isn't this a gift on Christmas Eve?

I wont be shocked if he lands on roster of team like Eagles looking at playoff push or team in playoffs to finish out year

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Also for Swearinger isn't this a gift on Christmas Eve?

I wont be shocked if he lands on roster of team like Eagles looking at playoff push or team in playoffs to finish out year

i dont see how he gets past the lower teams on waivers.

also this will be his 5th team in 6 years and hes burning too many bridges with his former teams

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Preston Brown? The Bengals LB? I am confused here Gene please explain what Preston Brown has to do with this

As for Foster when did he attack his coaches in media?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Probably should've waited until next week, though.

would have made a lot less stir than right before the final game that is for sure. I mean for DJ i guess now he is not risking injury in a meaningless NFL game

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Move would be far more defensible if they didn't just pick up Reuben Foster and spin some BS after the fact.

Washington has been nothing but a clown college since Snyder bought that team.

Reactions: Babe Ruth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad