Cut/Released: DJ Fluker (signs with BAL) and Justin Britt

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Seems that way. We knew Britt was going to be released considering what he was set to make this year. With Fluker going as well they must think one of the recent acquisitions can slot in without too much difficulty.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I’m not shocked by Britt but figured they would have drafted Biedez the C from Wisconsin on day 3.

Britt is the 2nd best OL the Schneider regime drafted after Okung. Which includes former first rounders in Carpenter and Ifedi. Plus 2nd rounder Pocic.

maybe Pocic finally secures a starter role. Entering year 4 for him. But not sure about a 6’8 Center when your QB is sub six feet.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
OC is a weird spot for them. They kept Joey Hunt who is the smallest center I've ever seen and added Finney as depth...Pocic didn't look good that last time he played C but who knows.
I liked the shit out of Fluker as a dude and it sucks to see him go, but it's pretty obvious that SEA needs to spend that money on the D-line.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
OC is a weird spot for them. They kept Joey Hunt who is the smallest center I've ever seen and added Finney as depth...Pocic didn't look good that last time he played C but who knows.
I liked the shit out of Fluker as a dude and it sucks to see him go, but it's pretty obvious that SEA needs to spend that money on the D-line.
Pocic has the build of a RT. Long and lean, similar to Nate Solder of NYG. But, they have played him mostly at guard in SEA with some time at C. Think he is too tall to be an Interior Lineman as DT can get under him. But, C was what he played at LSU. So, this is his last shot in SEA.

But, damn that 2017 draft looks bad for Seattle. Traded down a couple of times from round 1 to secure extra Picks from ATL and SF, so passed on Ryan Ramczyk, who has been very good at RT for NO. Drafted McDowell who got hurt in an ATV accident, so never played. Took Pocic in round 2 and he hasn't secured a starter role. Griffen at CB is the saving grace of the draft. Hill at S, Jones at DT, Darboah at WR, Thompson at S, Tyson at S, Senior at OT. Jones, is the one they have gotten the most contribution from of this mid round group. Jones and Hill are the only 2 left of that group. But saved that draft with Moore at WR and Carson at RB in Round 7. So, starting CB and RB, plus depth at OL, S, and DT.

That's one where if they stayed put or just traded down with ATL and took Ramczyk, their OL would be much better. But, you will win some and lose some when you trade down. Think the questions on Ramzcyk that year was that he was a 1 year starter at Wisconsin and played at a lower level in prior years.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Sounds like Fluker is already taking a new job with Baltimore, from a twitter insider I follow but can't post while at work.:rolleyes:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad