Patriots/NFL Divisional Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
They already have started turning the roster over, they arent as far off as you think. They need to keep building each week. Throwing in the towel is not something Bill wants to instill in his teams. They are building for next season.

They may lose these games simply because they are not good enough, but any sort of tanking or giving up is not on the table. Its not about where you draft, its about who you draft. A higher pick doesnt guarantee a better player.

I didn't say they were going to tank. I said they should. Big difference. As for not mattering where you pick but whom you draft, just using logic alone, wouldn't the higher you pick give you the greatest choice of finding a player? If you draft in the late 20s, your odds of finding an impact player are far less than if you're drafting in the top 10. Simple math based on the player pool being deeper the earlier you chose.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
They already have started turning the roster over, they arent as far off as you think. They need to keep building each week. Throwing in the towel is not something Bill wants to instill in his teams. They are building for next season.

They may lose these games simply because they are not good enough, but any sort of tanking or giving up is not on the table. Its not about where you draft, its about who you draft. A higher pick doesnt guarantee a better player.

Just bc Brady fell out of the sky doesn't meant a top 5 pick cant be a game changer for a franchise.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Just bc Brady fell out of the sky doesn't meant a top 5 pick cant be a game changer for a franchise.
Of course everyone would take a top pick, but it guarantees nothing. Its basically a lottery ticket and I'm not tanking the franchise for a year to make that gamble

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I didn't say they were going to tank. I said they should. Big difference. As for not mattering where you pick but whom you draft, just using logic alone, wouldn't the higher you pick give you the greatest choice of finding a player? If you draft in the late 20s, your odds of finding an impact player are far less than if you're drafting in the top 10. Simple math based on the player pool being deeper the earlier you chose.
How should or would they do it though? Should Bill not play his best players? Should he call the wrong plays to make his players look bad?

Its great in theory to just lose on purpose and get a top pick, but its illogical in practice

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
How should or would they do it though? Should Bill not play his best players? Should he call the wrong plays to make his players look bad?

Its great in theory to just lose on purpose and get a top pick, but its illogical in practice
the season is already all but done..... if they were 7-6, not 6-7, they had the 10th seed, the Rams' loss sealed their fate as to the path getting in.....it was a longshot at best going into the 2 SoFi games....

10-6 isn't going to get you past either Buffalo or Miami, the next two opponents, who are already ahead of you now.....

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Playing his best players thus far has gotten them a record below .500, so just keep doing what you're doing and it'll all work itself out. This isn't a playoff team. Period, end of story.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
the season is already all but done..... if they were 7-6, not 6-7, they had the 10th seed, the Rams' loss sealed their fate as to the path getting in.....it was a longshot at best going into the 2 SoFi games....

10-6 isn't going to get you past either Buffalo or Miami, the next two opponents, who are already ahead of you now.....

Exactly. They've also played down to their competition this year, which is not what you typically see from a BB coached team too. After the last 20 years, I think everyone that follow them knows what a playoff team looks like, and this isn't it.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Playing his best players thus far has gotten them a record below .500, so just keep doing what you're doing and it'll all work itself out. This isn't a playoff team. Period, end of story.
Ok then whats the issue? They are going to play their best players and try to win these games. It seems like you are against them trying to win.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
The pats should have just tanked every year they didn’t win the super bowl. Team would have been stacked.

now to just convince players and coaches to f*** with their livelihood

Reactions: CDJ

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Ok then whats the issue? They are going to play their best players and try to win these games. It seems like you are against them trying to win.

Winning doesn't really do anything for them at this point. I'm not telling them to intentionally lose, but the focus of these last three game should be on playing players who might have an impact on the next Patriots playoff team.

For example, I see no point in playing Cam Newton. I know he's not the guy. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Stidham's the guy either, but I'd like to see what he can do if you give him first team reps and build an offense around him for the last three weeks.

The goal of the season is no longer winning. It's development of young players.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Winning doesn't really do anything for them at this point. I'm not telling them to intentionally lose, but the focus of these last three game should be on playing players who might have an impact on the next Patriots playoff team.

For example, I see no point in playing Cam Newton. I know he's not the guy. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Stidham's the guy either, but I'd like to see what he can do if you give him first team reps and build an offense around him for the last three weeks.

The goal of the season is no longer winning. It's development of young players.

Completely agree. See what you have in the young players so you know if there's anything there. As it stands, Newton isn't the answer, and I'd be stunned if they brought him back, so why bother?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they brought Newton back for one year at cheap money, particularly if they intend on drafting a QB. Bill genuinely seems to like him

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they brought Newton back for one year at cheap money, particularly if they intend on drafting a QB. Bill genuinely seems to like him

I agree with that but it does seem like Bill has thrown in the towel on being a realistic contender. Brady obviously saw the writing on the wall. Just listening to Bill's pressers he seems like defeated man who is there for the pay check and nice work environment

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Um yeah. Spoiled cry babies. Maybe lower expectations a bit since it’s a Covid season and the roster is garbage.

or continue harping how the team stinks now

I'm pretty sure @CHRDANHUTCH's expectations don't differ from yours, and I don't think they're complaining about the team being bad. The team's not good and no one should have reasonably expected them to be.

Your 2020 New England Patriots:

tenor.gif

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Um yeah. Spoiled cry babies. Maybe lower expectations a bit since it’s a Covid season and the roster is garbage.

or continue harping how the team stinks now

I could say the same when you throw shade at TB12. I never wanted this as I wanted Tom to go out on top with Bill as coach and stay involved on the organization after. Whats different about Bill this year is thats its hard to sell the arrogant act with the media when you're in 3rd place. He left himself open to criticism going it alone without Tom this year

Last edited:

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I could say the same when you throw shade at TB12. I never wanted this as I wanted Tom to go out on top with Bill as coach and stay involved on the organization after. Whats different about Bill this year is thats its hard to sell the arrogant act with the media when you're in 3rd place. He left himself open to criticism going it alone without Tom this year

my like 3 posts on Brady don’t amount to all the crying I’ve seen in here lmao

there is criticism and then there is just being spoiled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad