The Columbus Dispatch: Dispatch sold to NY company

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
have a friend that works there...sounds more like the older staff was told if they are thinking about retiring soon to tell them so that they don't cut a younger staffer that wants to stay...

and no, its not ageism or anything, sounds like offering early retirement to those that wish to...

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Yeah I know what Arace does. It was more of a sarcastic jibe because he doesn't really do beat reporting anymore. He gives us his musings on several different things, but isn't really a critical piece of the day to day beat. Not sure how the Dispatch can pay him to do that much longer.

Sorry, I took you literally.

I could see Mitchell going, and Arace dropping back into a beat writer role just due to the whole seniority thing, unless some of the above suggestions happen inre to retirements.

Fireball23

Mar 5, 2014
does it really matter?
With the Dispatch's frustrating and antagonizing login procedures that keeps you in a loop. Pretty much puts a nail in the coffin for their website and information to anyone outside of Columbus. I've enjoyed their coverage for years, when I lived in Columbus I had the daily dispatch delivered etc.. Now living in FL, sure putting in an incognito browser is even getting to be a pain. Others who want to even see the headlines, can not and with today's web person. They will move on and go another direction to find virtually the same information. With all of the trades and high expectations of this team this year. They are going to lose out if they are not already.

Certain segments of the Dispatch like the Blue Jackets should be free to those outside of the IP Address range of Ohio. I am not going to spend the $10.00 to $20.00 for the coverage when you can find it other places.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
I did something I vowed I wouldn't do until more balanced reporting on certain issues became a reality for the Dispatch. I subscribed. :amazed:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad