OT: Disgruntled Goalie Scores On His Own Net, Flips Off Coaches, Skates Off The Ice

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The person uploading the video likely got suspended for taping the game. I know a lot of schools here have a rule in place that you cannot video tape the game, or take pictures unless you recieve permission from the school to do so. With the advent of cell phones with video capability it's very easy to forget that and violate the rule. Since it was a student, it's pretty easy to found out who it was and punish them.

Really? Mom and/or Dad can't video record or take pictures at a game without the school's permission?

That's kind of ridiculous.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
^^^^^ his parents must be proud. :shakehead

He may even have a legitimate gripe with his coach, but it doesn't matter 1 bit.

What about his teammates (some I assume are his friends)? He screwed them when he turned into a whiny little ***** when things didn't go his way.

the parents are possibly to blame as well. the amount and sense of entitlement is absolutely off the charts in many circles. just because a kid makes the team, the family pays $X to play, etc.....does not mean the kid is going to be 'the guy'.

i got out of competitive coaching because the parents are just off the charts. the kids usually are fine and low key, but to many parents think their kid is a #1 pick in the draft

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
No idea about why the guy that got the video was suspended. I'm surprised as hell the kid that flipped off the teacher got suspended for 10 days. I could see 1 or maybe 2, but 10? You get less for fighting another student.

A friend used to teach in Claremont HS district. She had a student threaten her life during class. She asked students to write down what happened (to back up her story to admin). Police came to school, and took him away. He only got 10 days and he was back on campus.

The kicker is that he didn't even live in Claremont - he was a transfer. He should have at least been kicked out of the school. Admin did not back the teacher at all.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
From the reaction of the fans sitting next to the guy video taping they knew what was about to happen. They anticipated it happening and then when it happened they start jumping up and down which leads me to believe it was planned. If his teammates were OK with it then they probably hated the coach and knew their course in hockey was coming to an end as it is. That said, I've seen plenty of guys quit, they usually lack guts and I can't stand playing hockey or even being around that ****** attitude. If that goalie was on my team and I didn't know what was happening you would have seen me make a bee line towards that goalie and he wouldn't have made it through the door.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Really? Mom and/or Dad can't video record or take pictures at a game without the school's permission?

That's kind of ridiculous.

Yeah it's kind of a weird deal...
Alot of times if they ask they are allowed, but there are also some schools that have the photography students take photos and the parents can buy pics of their kid at the end of the year as a sort of fundraising thing.

I remember the one year of Junior Varsity I played I volunteered for a research study that involved having heart monitors attached to me while I played. We were video taped as well to gain an understanding of how goalies bodies reacted to stressful situations in games. The big hangup was the video camera had to be run by one of the coaches because the Athletic Board wouldn't allow an outsider take video minors...

From the reaction of the fans sitting next to the guy video taping they knew what was about to happen. They anticipated it happening and then when it happened they start jumping up and down which leads me to believe it was planned. If his teammates were OK with it then they probably hated the coach and knew their course in hockey was coming to an end as it is. That said, I've seen plenty of guys quit, they usually lack guts and I can't stand playing hockey or even being around that ****** attitude. If that goalie was on my team and I didn't know what was happening you would have seen me make a bee line towards that goalie and he wouldn't have made it through the door.

At least a few of teammates knew, not sure if all did, but a few. It was a teammate that shot the puck behind the net for him to score the goal. Which was something I was curious on when I saw the first saw the video.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad