OT: Disgruntled Goalie Scores On His Own Net, Flips Off Coaches, Skates Off The Ice

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Yeah, don't know what to say about this.

I think the kid would have shown more character had he won the game, then told the coaches in a private meeting what he thought of them. Way too much "it's all about me" these days.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
"Trade me right effing now!"
slap_shot_goalie_on_phone.jpg

bobafettish*

apparently he's going to the army, hopefully that will straighten him out.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Kid is a punk.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge the kid. It's Minnesota High School Hockey. There is almost for sure some sort of politics involved and more to the story than has gotten out. I went through the MHSH years ago and even then it was more about who you knew and what your family was willing to do, like having the coaches over for dinner, or transfering to a different school to get playing time. It's even worse now than it was then. There was a story about 3 years ago in city I live in where a kid was legally adopted by an assistant coach at a high school so the kid could transfer schools and avoid sitting out 1 full season after transfering schools within city limits... A rule that was put into effect because a guy I grew up with switched schools twice in 4 years just to play for the better team...

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
apparently he's going to the army, hopefully that will straighten him out.

Maybe, he can blow up his own tank and then flip off the LT. That is, as long as it's okay with the other guys in his platoon.

Yeah, don't know what to say about this.

I think the kid would have shown more character had he won the game, then told the coaches in a private meeting what he thought of them. Way too much "it's all about me" these days.

I agree but I do think it is funny because I'm on the outside. That is pretty disrespectful to the rest of the players (on both teams). I can guarantee you not EVERY player was cool with that even though he said he asked them beforehand. I'd have to imagine the other goalie on his team at the very least. The coaches showed him disrespect on senior night so he in turn disrespects the rest of the players on the ice with that act.

That seems to be the norm in society these days. People don't seem to know how to deal with tough breaks in life and instead of having respect for his teammates and even the guys on the other side of the ice, he has a tempertantrum like a child. I guess he still is a child so hopefully that will be a moment he reflects back on later in life and is embarrassed. I know we all of them.

I officially feel old now.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge the kid. It's Minnesota High School Hockey. There is almost for sure some sort of politics involved and more to the story than has gotten out. I went through the MHSH years ago and even then it was more about who you knew and what your family was willing to do, like having the coaches over for dinner, or transfering to a different school to get playing time. It's even worse now than it was then. There was a story about 3 years ago in city I live in where a kid was legally adopted by an assistant coach at a high school so the kid could transfer schools and avoid sitting out 1 full season after transfering schools within city limits... A rule that was put into effect because a guy I grew up with switched schools twice in 4 years just to play for the better team...

I'm sorry but that doesn't matter one bit. That is just an excuse. What you described might not be fair but neither is life. You either sign up and play or you don't. If you commit to something then you should honor your commitment. If you feel you've been wronged, you finish out as best you can and move on. What he did was completely selfish no matter what kind of justification he feels he has.

I still find it humorous but I guarantee you there are plenty of people that were there that don't.

Ron*

Yup, and look how many followers that ass clown had cheering him on in the social media, etc.

This doesn't surprise me, unfortunately.

However, it is a very sad commentary that we as a species still are a long way from being as superior to the other species on the planet as we think we are.

Riposte!

Jan 25, 2006
Seattle
I'm picking up the rights to a new reality show called Scared Straight with Darryl Sutter, where high school clowns like this guy spend 2 weeks playing for Darryl Sutter, reflecting on the poor life choices they've made and coming out the other side as better people (or not).

It will be like Celebrity Rehab, but for hockey fans.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
All the Kid did was ruin any chance he has of playing Hockey at a higher level.

He will be forever known now as, " O that goalie that quit on his team".

Way to go guy.

It's funny, but you kind of screw yourself by trying to prove a point.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Kid is a punk.

^^^^^ his parents must be proud. :shakehead

He may even have a legitimate gripe with his coach, but it doesn't matter 1 bit.

What about his teammates (some I assume are his friends)? He screwed them when he turned into a whiny little ***** when things didn't go his way.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Saw this on the main boards and heard the story behind it. I didn't think it was funny at all, just very selfish.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether

Very much this^.

I just got back from a moth traveling through MN ND and CO following NCAA and HS hockey and unless you have experienced it up close you really haven't any idea of how much HS hockey is like God Jesus and the Devil all rolled into one out there.

I am not saying one thing either way about the kid but I can tell you that the kids there are playing with tons of pressure. I mean it is like Permian and Odessa High School Football in Texas on steroids in front of the pope.

Crazy fun but super intense.

For a kid letting is his freak flag fly and go trolling, he does it big time. I'll give him that much.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
He got suspended for 10 days. Guy who uploaded the video also got suspended.

:laugh: Why?

I envy Minnesota for having high school hockey. We don't even have college hockey here. It's gonna be a while before there are NHL players that hail from SoCal...that were trained locally. Richard Park was raised in LA but he had to go to Canada to start his hockey career.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
:laugh: Why?

I envy Minnesota for having high school hockey. We don't even have college hockey here. It's gonna be a while before there are NHL players that hail from SoCal...that were trained locally. Richard Park was raised in LA but he had to go to Canada to start his hockey career.

No idea about why the guy that got the video was suspended. I'm surprised as hell the kid that flipped off the teacher got suspended for 10 days. I could see 1 or maybe 2, but 10? You get less for fighting another student.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
No idea about why the guy that got the video was suspended. I'm surprised as hell the kid that flipped off the teacher got suspended for 10 days. I could see 1 or maybe 2, but 10? You get less for fighting another student.

The person uploading the video likely got suspended for taping the game. I know a lot of schools here have a rule in place that you cannot video tape the game, or take pictures unless you recieve permission from the school to do so. With the advent of cell phones with video capability it's very easy to forget that and violate the rule. Since it was a student, it's pretty easy to found out who it was and punish them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad