[Discussion] The hardest accurate shots around the league

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Been watching some Ryan Pulock shot videos earlier, and it got me thinking: with the likes of Zdeno Chara getting older and however many years Shea Weber still has in the league, who's part of the next crop of hardest shooters around the league?

Of course as a Vancouver fan I'm well aware of Pettersson and his one timer/ ASG shot at 102.4, along with renowned D-men like Carlson (104.5), Hedman (102.1), Seth Jones (98.8 -- not too shabby at all).

However, I'm sure that I've missed many young guns who can pack heat. For instance, I haven't seen much of Pulock or Gurianov from Dallas while on the west coast, but goodness these guys can bring it.

Who are some of the top guys from your team who can really let one fly that I've missed?

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Jeff Petry has quite a bomb that has been less noticed than it would be (overshadowed by Shea Weber and all)

Reactions: Fixxer

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Matthews, Eichel and Laine can all rip it accurately.

Idk how hard Draisaitl shoots by comparison, but he's the best at putting the puck where the goaltender isn't.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Draisaitl has one of the best shots in the league. He is 2nd in Ovi in goals over the past 2 full seasons for a reason. His shot very hard and snaps off quick because of that huge paddle of a blade he has, the reason most players don't use a blade that shape is because it's harder to be accurate, yet Draisaitl makes it work for him and he is one of the top snipers in the league.

Hell if he just had a single empty netter last year he'd have a rocket to his name as well.

Reactions: Giggleplex

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Chariot has the record for Jets for the hardest shot. I think it was over 105 mph (if the instrument was correct calibrated)
I think he has a decent accrucy, not Laine but better then me :P

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Pulock Has an absolutely Cannon but I wouldn’t say it’s always accurate.

I feel Like Hoffman has a wicked one timer and it usually hits the net.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Pulock Has an absolutely Cannon but I wouldn’t say it’s always accurate.

I feel Like Hoffman has a wicked one timer and it usually hits the net.
I do find it accurate, I just find his ability to get open and set is brutal. Pulock should be a 15-20 goal dman if he could put himself in a position to shoot more. And I'll add an easily to that.

Reactions: Seanaconda and SI90

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad