Discussion: Is there a team culture problem with this group?

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Bunch of friends on the team that haven’t accomplished anything and rewarded with huge contracts are not playing up to expectations at all. The team lacks true professionals, we have players going to different organizations playoffs games and getting hammered, commenting about other players contract statuses, complaining about fans, flopping on the ice and being known as the face of the leagues new flopper and some even too busy gambling on NHL going against team rules.

Debrincat probably was shocked coming into this locker room even from an organization like Chicago with their own issues. Spezza and Redden were crucified from small rumors and they were even on winning teams. This current group is full of bozos.

Oscar The Grouch

Oct 16, 2021
There are posters (Ice Tray) who long argued that we needed to trade away Karlsson, Hoffman etc to create a frat club dressing room of guys who want to play for each other.

Are you suggesting that didn't solve all of our problems??

Reactions: branch

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Pretty obvious by now.

Entitled, greedy, anti clutch, mentally soft.

The first core that is the anti-senators, opposites of what made previous teams great or even good.

Reactions: gab6511

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
That it is or not, like I have talked a lot before… we just went through a full rebuild that was managed by a guy that had no business being there, basically the equivalent of what it would have been with any of us. Not only that, the coach was more focused on interpersonal relations and feel good vibes than on ice stuff

It was always going to take some time to recover from that. Surprisingly there was a 20 games stretch where they were pretty close to play right way but the wheels fell off again, a bit like Edmonton after their winning streak

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The OP comes of as a whiner with this garbage. This team was led by the worst owner and GM in the league. We now have a management group that understands that veteran examples are vital to move this team forward. I have zero concerns about the cores future with the proper support.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
The current problems with this team, is the problem of the current owners and the current management…… have they had enough time to identify what mean to be done, perhaps, but so far there has only been some tweaking to the ice times of certain players, and some shifting around of who plays with who…..a lot more needs to be done, and if it does not begin within the next 5 or 6 days, it better happen early in the offseason.
Moving out expiring contracts for picks or prospects is not going to the heart of the problems, it’s just common sense.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The current problems with this team, is the problem of the current owners and the current management…… have they had enough time to identify what mean to be done, perhaps, but so far there has only been some tweaking to the ice times of certain players, and some shifting around of who plays with who…..a lot more needs to be done, and if it does not begin within the next 5 or 6 days, it better happen early in the offseason.
Moving out expiring contracts for picks or prospects is not going to the heart of the problems, it’s just common sense.
The heavy lifting will be done in the offseason IMO.

A RD who can play 20 minutes in the top 4.
A LD who can PK for the bottom pair.
A gritty 3rd line winger.
A 4th line winger who can forecheck and PK
Depending on Norris a 3rd line vet centre who can PK.

Fixing the goaltending will be by far the toughest job.

kilroy

Aug 13, 2007

That's a long work list for one single offseason by a team that isn't blessed with a lot of assets.

Free agency this year will be expensive as the cap is going up a lot for everyone.

I see them reasonably being able to address 3 to 4 of those. RD and possibly one of the 3rd liners will be tough or a compromise solution. And then there's the goaltending.... 🤷‍♂️

I figure they're about 2 offseasons away from being really competitive.

Last edited:

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

So you want a GM alike Dorion who just makes tons of moves with no common sense - trading for players like Duchesne who don’t want to be here or Debrincat who doesn’t want to be here and they can’t afford, or Matt Murray, or trade a ton for a LD who ain’t even in your top 3 Dman and when you clearly need a RD

Deliberate intentional player moves is what this team has needed for year. Not panic trading for a Bobby Ryan or Ales Hemski, not making moves without a plan.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

I think there's some subtraction that has to happen. What you've got here is all addition.

60 games into the season. 3 to 6 or 7 years into some guy's careers and the coach is on talk radio saying that the compete level isn't where it consistently needs to be. On a team whose GM played 1000 games almost entirely based on compete.

I think they'll go right to the heart of it and take a chainsaw to it.

Reactions: Loach

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida
These guys have never actually had to play in a high pressure situation with their jobs on the line. They don’t give a crap about winning. They all secured their contracts..

For example, what exactly has Sanderson done to merit that contract coming out of his rookie year? Norris/Stutzle already getting paid, Tkachuk, Batherson, etc. Remember Tkachuk doing the money symbol to Norris during Norris’ contract year?

This is a group of young guys who have all secured their future. Winning is secondary to vibes at the moment. During the offseason these guys are nothing but smiles while enjoying their tropical vacations.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
So you want a GM alike Dorion who just makes tons of moves with no common sense - trading for players like Duchesne who don’t want to be here or Debrincat who doesn’t want to be here and they can’t afford, or Matt Murray, or trade a ton for a LD who ain’t even in your top 3 Dman and when you clearly need a RD

Deliberate intentional player moves is what this team has needed for year. Not panic trading for a Bobby Ryan or Ales Hemski, not making moves without a plan.

Thought I was posting in English, but apparently not, if that is what you think I stated……

1709474144715.gif

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Thought I was posting in English, but apparently not, if that is what you think I stated……

View attachment 828593

You’re asking for the G.M. To be in panic mode when the last thing this team needs is exactly that. They are trying to get panic out of this team.

Calculated, intentional moves is what is needed. So it doesn’t have to begin in 5 days, it can be at training camp next year, as long as they are the right moves and not stupid Debrincat, Duchene, Bobby Ryan, Matt Murray, Korpisalo panic moves

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
You’re asking for the G.M. To be in panic mode when the last thing this team needs is exactly that. They are trying to get panic out of this team.

Calculated, intentional moves is what is needed. So it doesn’t have to begin in 5 days, it can be at training camp next year, as long as they are the right moves and not stupid Debrincat, Duchene, Bobby Ryan, Matt Murray, Korpisalo panic moves

Again, that is not what I posted….perhaps you’re you need to recalibrate the filters you use when reading comments.

1709474926013.gif

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
I feel that Staois who was a player for a long time in the NHL, along with Dave Poulin another long-time player will figure out the heartbeat of this team. Another HUGE factor is having our beloved Alfie on the bench day in and day out. He will see what makes the team click or in this case, not click. I think we will see some unexpected moves of this core as much as we don't want to.

Reactions: LiseL and lang006

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
That's a huge work list for one single offseason by a team that isn't blessed with a lot of assets.

Free agency this year will be expensive as the cap is going up a lot for everyone.

I see them reasonably being able to address 3 to 4 of those. RD and possibly one of the 3rd liners will be tough or a compromise solution. And then there's the goaltending.... 🤷‍♂️

Big list for sure. Most pressing is RD
We will need to overpay in AAV and term but there are 7 legit targets, some will obviously re-sign.

Roy, Pesce, Montour, Walker, Demelo, Carrier, Tanev.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
The organization is in the process of cleaning things up. If there’s an issue then staios will get to it. Until then this is unhealthy speculation.

Reactions: lang006

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
That's a huge work list for one single offseason by a team that isn't blessed with a lot of assets.

Big list for sure. Most pressing is RD
We will need to overpay in AAV and term but there are 7 legit targets, some will obviously re-sign.

Roy, Pesce, Montour, Walker, Demelo, Carrier, Tanev.
I think there's some subtraction that has to happen. What you've got here is all addition.

60 games into the season. 3 to 6 or 7 years into some guy's careers and the coach is on talk radio saying that the compete level isn't where it consistently needs to be. On a team whose GM played 1000 games almost entirely based on compete.

I think they'll go right to the heart of it and take a chainsaw to it.
I expect Chychrun gone but no other core pieces. We need more vets who understand how to stay on an even keel.

Reactions: bert

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
This team from the start, have a culture of bad management. Every time the wrong decision. And the new management doesn’t seem to be better

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
What a mess the previous regime left for the current one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad