Proposal: Discussing the needs of the future - *Discuss standings placement here*

RedSeven*

I have never wanted this team to tank until now.

I must admit. I always cheer for them to win and my puppy has been trained to howl every time we score a goal which is precious but if we want to win a cup a tank job this year wouls be a huge help. Lets face it. TURRIS is not a #1 C and if we want the cup we are going to need atleast one more elite forward not to mention a guy to play with EK.

There definitely have been some positives this year.

No more of that lying buffoon and worlds biggest hack in Maclean

ZBAD is playing awesome.

Ryan is a heart and soul two way player.

Phillips is finally being shown the door (kind of)

We will be seeing new management soon.

Lehner is a stud. Andy who? When I see Andy i see trade bait.

Man. If we can manage to tank just this one season good things will come.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Lehner hasnt shown me enough this year to prove hes a quality number 1 capable of back stopping a bad defensive team like the sens will probably be for awhile.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
my parents told me that as long as i don't join the amry, they'll love me. i never found out what an amry was.

Lehnsanity

Oct 10, 2012
Ottawa
Well that's a tad morbid...

How is it morbid? With Murray's health, it would be stupid for him to continue running a team that at any time he might need to leave. It only makes sense that he steps down after this season, which would mean new management.

LoneSteele

Mar 5, 2011
Edmonton, AB
How is it morbid? With Murray's health, it would be stupid for him to continue running a team that at any time he might need to leave. It only makes sense that he steps down after this season, which would mean new management.

Let me phrase his comment in a slightly different way...

"Well, in my opinion our management has been an obstacle and contributed to a rough couple years. There are some positives though! Bryan Murray has cancer, so he'll either step down or die and we'll get new management."

Regardless of how you feel about BMurr's performance... Looking forward to new management as a "positive" given the context just strikes me as a tad morbid. That's all.

BigBush*

I think instead of tanking we should try to make a push for the playoffs

RedSeven*

We won't be one of those year after year losers if we tank. We'll be like Montreal or those Carolina Teams of old.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Ive never supported tanking...and still dont...but man...this would be the year. McDavid would immediately solve our #1C issue. A team built around him, Turris and Zibanejad down the middle with Karlsson, Cowen and Ceci on the backend and Lehner in goal will be good for another decade. Thats a long window.

BigBush*

Ive never supported tanking...and still dont...but man...this would be the year. McDavid would immediately solve our #1C issue. A team built around him, Turris and Zibanejad down the middle with Karlsson, Cowen and Ceci on the backend and Lehner in goal will be good for another decade. Thats a long window.
But there's almost no way Ottawa could end up with a top 2 pick this year, they aren't as bad as a lot of teams and you can't ask the players to throw games.

It's a deep draft, well have to hope we can snag a Kopitar or Getzlaf with a pick around 15th, give or take a few spots

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
But there's almost no way Ottawa could end up with a top 2 pick this year, they aren't as bad as a lot of teams and you can't ask the players to throw games.

It's a deep draft, well have to hope we can snag a Kopitar or Getzlaf with a pick around 15th, give or take a few spots

Ottawa is currently in a lottery position (5.0%) and is 6 points up on 3rd last (11.5%).

Though I agree. Wouldnt surprise me if we made the playoffs. Also wouldnt surprise me if we draft McDavid.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Dont tank. We'd have to take away from already a young team to make us worse which would like make us worse over the long term while we wait for more players to develop. Just trust management and hope they can draft effectively and if not hire some new scouts.

BigBush*

Ottawa is currently in a lottery position (5.0%) and is 6 points up on 3rd last (11.5%).

Though I agree. Wouldnt surprise me if we made the playoffs. Also wouldnt surprise me if we draft McDavid.
How does the lottery work? Right now we have a 5% chance for the 1rst overall, do we have a chance at the 2nd overall? Or if you lose the lottery do you just draft were you finished in the standings?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad