OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Cuatro

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Not really. He's always been great in the World Cup, in the Euro's though... not so much.

10 goals and 6 assists in 16 World Cup matches. Zero goals and 1 assist in 15 matches in Euro's.

please don’t remind me….(closet Germany fan). /cry

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Hey guys for any of you making picks for the quarterfinals tomorrow, try to make it interesting and present
at least ONE upset, and your reasons why.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Hey guys for any of you making picks for the quarterfinals tomorrow, try to make it interesting and present

Spain
Italy
England
Upset: CZE……I like their physicality.

no upsets to be had in day 1 IMO.

it should really end up being, Spain, Italy, England, Denmark.

Reactions: sycamore

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
$100 mil US, cha-ching!

Funny that he still ends up on the other side of Manchester... not a very good piece of business from City. What a deal that ended up being for Dortmund and they have ready replacement for him in Thorgan Hazard already.

Switzerland over Spain.
- Still not convinced by Spain. I like how the Swiss played against France.

Belgium over Italy.
- I think this goes the distance. Flip a coin.

England over Ukraine.
- Propably won't be as easy for England as most people think, but i think they eventually get the win.

Czech Republic over Denmark.
- Hard to say really. They both played really well last time around. I'll pick the Czech's with Schick being the difference but this should be a close one too.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Oh hell, the entire Swiss back line are on yellow cards

and half the Spanish defense, too

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Worst possible start for the Swiss. Dubious on goal and lost their biggest threat to an injury already.

Shame, really. I thought they could test Spain but it's a mountain to climb now for the dumbest of reasons.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Worst possible start for the Swiss. Dubious on goal and lost their biggest threat to an injury already.

Shame, really. I thought they could test Spain but it's a mountain to climb now for the dumbest of reasons.

that was one of the more bizarre hamstring pulls I’ve seen in soccer.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Tied again.

Nice to see Swiss not go out because of that own goal. Not a very good look for Laporte.

Nice finish and game on again.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Yes.

Such a stupid tackle.

Spain have been really lucky that the Swiss are shooting themselves in the foot. Spain haven't really created anything in this game.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I know it was only a friendly but if you're USMNT you have to be watching Switzerland and thinking "we only lost 2-1 to those guys and probably could've beaten them"

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
They may advance today, but I think its a pretty safe bet to say Spain aren't winning this tournament.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Italy with a stupid amount of swagger right now. Looking like they did in the group stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad