Dirty Eichel Spear

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
One of the softest spears I have ever seen

Maybe not the most egregious spearing out there, but I think you can actually see Eichel's stick flex a little when it makes contact. There's definitely some force behind it.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I don't think he went out of his way to spear Kaprizov. More like there was the opportunity to do so and Eichel had a lapse of judgement. Doesn't make it any less of a spear though and deserved 5 minutes.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I dunno, has to be a penalty there but that's more of a I'll hold my stick upright and if you run into it it's your own damn fault than it is a traditional spearing action.

think 5 and a game is plenty
that's kind of in the same vein as defending the guys like jon jones in the UFC who hold their fingers splayed open an inch from your face, then "it's your own damn dault" you got a finger a knuckle deep in your eyeball. he was awful strong on that stick when he needed to be.

that said, my conclusion is also that 5 and a game is plenty

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
At the other hand it is a very clear spear, but on the other hand there are hookings and slashes in basically every game that are more likely to cause long term harm and go uncalled.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
He plays for Vegas. They'll just fine him $5k and all is kosher

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Guys, AP got jack shit for 2 hand tomahawking Draisitls arm at the end of a game on a nothing play to get an EN.

This is going to get a warning

Rules apply differently for them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad