Dirtiest players post 2005 lockout

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
He's probably not the dirtiest, but I hate Brad Marchand the most. Just such a nuisance. Great player in his prime, though.

I'd say Cooke was the dirtiest. He was a straight up reckless piece of trash. I couldn't stand him.

Corey Perry probably deserves a mention, though I've liked him going back to his days in Junior. I became a fan of his when he was on that 2004-2005 London Knights team and there was no NHL hockey to follow. I never said I was 100% fair... ;)

Last edited:

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
Some have a short fuse if provoked (like Malkin), but they would be busy playing hockey if it is an option.

Cooke is probably the most legendary, because unlike a Pronger-Perry that was what defined him.

Reactions: sanscosm

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
Subban at least in his montreal days feel like stretch, was he suspended a single game in his whole career ? He was not Gretzky, Francis or Joe Sakic but in a modest dirty in a 20 years window ?

Ovechkin was suspended 7 times, which for a star with a big leash is a lot, but at the same time never thought of him as a dirty player.

James Neal fit more that bill to me.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Subban at least in his montreal days feel like stretch, was he suspended a single game in his whole career ? He was not Gretzky, Francis or Joe Sakic but in a modest dirty in a 20 years window ?

Ovechkin was suspended 7 times, which for a star with a big leash is a lot, but at the same time never thought of him as a dirty player.

ovi has been suspended only 3 times for on-ice stuff. (7 games total)

the others are 3 separate times for skipping all-star games and a 1 time team suspension for oversleeping for a practice

he is not a dirty player

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
Subban probably should have been suspended more than he was for his continual and frequent slew foots.
Maybe but that would have been more than 0 time right ? A really low base for the conversation of the dirtiest player for someone that played more than 900 nhl games under very high scrutiny as a big star.

Maybe for Mark Stone as well... but if we put is maybe has 2 games suspension he would still be very middle of the road.

How many time Pronger could have in less than 550 games...

We are trying to find people to compete with the Matt Cooke-Marchand-Carcillo of the world here.

Last edited:

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Maybe but that would have been more than 0 time right ? A really low base for the conversation of the dirtiest player for someone that played more than 900 nhl games under very high scrutiny as a big star.

Maybe for Mark Stone as well... but if we put is maybe has 2 games suspension he would still be very middle of the road.

How many time Pronger could have in less than 550 games...

We are trying to find people to compete with the Matt Cooke-Marchand-Carcillo of the world here.
That's fair. I won't disagree.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Please, Subban was a walking slew foot.

Add Crosby to the list. He had a multi year stretch where he was really greasy and got away with it. Lots of slashes and slew foots

• Haha
Reactions: sanscosm

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Cooke, Tom Wilson, Torres, Trouba, RInaldo having already been mentioned...

Add: Garnet Hathaway.

Brandon Dubinsky pissed me off a good bit. Not sure he quite belongs in this thread, but he's a guy that I always thought, "it'd be nice if an anvil was descending onto him and he only had a comically small umbrella to protect himself..."

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
as we are discussing subban the name that comes to my mind is bryan mccabe, whose hits were endlessly litigated for whether he intentionally or unintentionally stuck out his leg

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Ryan hollweg?

I saw kovalev play quite often and I never really remember him getting clocked much.

But I do remember kovalev stationed around the boards, and hollweg just makes the decision to smoke him from behind. This wasn't one of those reactionary decisions either.

Another player that needs mention is Patrick Kaleta.

The dangerous ones are the guys who are emotionally unstable and will seek any avenue to release their anger.

Reactions: double5son10

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Patrick Kaleta is another good one that should've been mentionned in the OP, but hey, PK Subban absolutely had to be name-dropped because of reasons.

Reactions: Primary Assist

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad