Value of: Dion Phaneuf

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
What would it take for the Kings for a team to take a flyer on him and relieve of his $5.25 cap hit for the next two years?
His salary is $6.5 then $5.5 for the next 2, but Ottawa is retaining 25% of that, so any team would owe him $9 million over the 2 years, so $4.5 per on average.

He has a full NTC which is the hard to trade. He's married to E. Cuthbert, so leaving LA willingly is not going to be something he wants to do. That more than anything is going to be the stumbling block.

I think there would be teams willing to take him given that his remaining term is pretty short compared to handing out 6 years or something to Myers/Gardiner who both have their warts and Gardiner is coming off a back injury.

Mike Smith

Jan 9, 2019
His salary is $6.5 then $5.5 for the next 2, but Ottawa is retaining 25% of that, so any team would owe him $9 million over the 2 years, so $4.5 per on average.

He has a full NTC which is the hard to trade. He's married to E. Cuthbert, so leaving LA willingly is not going to be something he wants to do. That more than anything is going to be the stumbling block.

I think there would be teams willing to take him given that his remaining term is pretty short compared to handing out 6 years or something to Myers/Gardiner who both have their warts and Gardiner is coming off a back injury.
Just throw hookers at him until being married is no longer an issue

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
There is almost no chance the Kings are able to trade him.

It was a 1 team market a bit over a year ago when the Sens dealt him. That was due to his NTC. That's why they ended up with only a 7th round pick out of the trade (via Shore) and having to both retain and take Gaborik. I would guess that the Senators had an indication that Gaborik was both insurable and beat up enough to "fail" his physical.

Keep in mind, Phaneuf was still perceived as a #4 defender at that time. No chance that is the case now.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I could see him being a healthy scratch on some nights. Maybe he plays around 50 games and then is bought out at the end of next season.

Reactions: YP44

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
the guys been over rated for years and still is if anyone believes there's a team out that would trade for him for anything other than an equally bad contract

slow
zero mobility
dumb as a bag of rocks
fake tough who shits himself when challenged

the guy rode his first few seasons for years but the truth is he's been an over rated piece of crap since the flames realized there mistake of grossly over paying him and dumped him on my Leafs

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
It’s not like I want him on the team, but the Kings don’t have any reason to use assets to get rid of him. His contract is up next year and by all accounts he is excellent in the room and in practice. But the Kings don’t have cap space issues nor are they looking to compete this year, so... who cares?

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
It’s not like I want him on the team, but the Kings don’t have any reason to use assets to get rid of him. His contract is up next year and by all accounts he is excellent in the room and in practice. But the Kings don’t have cap space issues nor are they looking to compete this year, so... who cares?

He has two more years on his contract. It’s not up next year.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Wha's wrong with you guys. Phaneuf is going nowhere.
We are in rebuild mode and try to get some years early pick.
People like Phaneuf make sure we will get there without the head office get crazy
ideas about trading for "fast fixes". We also try to get assets, not giving them away.
If any we get an asset for taking players like Lucic from team who try to win.
The question should be what can we get for taking Lucic not what do we pay to get rid of Phaneuf.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
If the rumors are true the kings are gonna buy him out if they cant find a deal,

Id do Marleau for [email protected] on July 2

Leafs: Get 2.75 in cap relief this year, and hope Dion can at least be a top 6 D to replace Hainsey
Horton on LTIR gives em 16.85, enough to sign marner+Kap+AJ and they have flexibility to upgrade the D with Zaitsev+Brown deals

Kings: Spend a bit more in cap this year, but avoid having a 5.4 hit in 2020, and 1.4 is 2021 and 20202.
Get a guy that can be flipped at the deadline for a pick (3rd/4th?)

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
The answer to the question, “What is Dion Phaneuf’s value?” is nothing.

The answer to the question, “Should the Kings move additional assets to trade him?” is no.

The answer to the question, “Will Phaneuf be on the Kings next year?” is yes, unless the Kings buy him out.

The answer to the question, “Should this thread be closed?” is yes.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
I could see him being a healthy scratch on some nights. Maybe he plays around 50 games and then is bought out at the end of next season.

He was already a healthy scratch on some nights last season.

Big Willie D would sometimes hold online roster polls for fans and we’d get to voice our opinions on with who plays or sits. He was initially confused why we wanted The Pylon to play, but after we kept losing he finally understood we just wanted our 1st ever 1st overall pick. Boy, did that shit ever backfire.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
The answer to the question, “What is Dion Phaneuf’s value?” is nothing.

The answer to the question, “Should the Kings move additional assets to trade him?” is no.

The answer to the question, “Will Phaneuf be on the Kings next year?” is yes, unless the Kings buy him out.

The answer to the question, “Should this thread be closed?” is yes.

sums it up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad