Dion Knelsen

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Alaska players don't get the attention they deserve but this kid has really caught my eye as a potential high pick in the draft. Only 17 and he has 4 goals and 5 assists for Nanooks...does anyone have any information on this kid. He is only 5`9 180 so that may allow him to drop some.

therobman27

Jun 29, 2003
Portland, OR
Visit site
I remember he went to the Winterhawk tryouts 2 years ago and was quite impressive. Haven't seen him however, just remember many involved with Winterhawks were sad to see him select college over the WHL.

mapletoft

Jan 3, 2006
This guy has everything except the size. Dion as a 6'2 190 pound player would be a potential 1st overall pick. (He is 5'9, 180) I have seen him play in Red Deer and Drumheller and have heard about him through coaches, teammates and the parents of teammates. He is gritty, a sniper, playmaker and a great dressing room guy. I hope he plays in the NHL someday - he is in the mold of a Steve Sullivan.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
If he keeps producing like this I see him going in the 1st round for sure. How many 17 year olds come into the NCAA and score at a point per game average? Probably very few.

I don't see 5'9'' and 180lbs being an issue anymore in the NHL. And on top of that he may grow a couple inches.

mapletoft

Jan 3, 2006
Tough break for Dion - seperated shoulder 0 4-6 weeks - scouts wer going to go and see him! Get back Dion - get well!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad