Blue Jays Discussion: #Dingerz in Texas - Jays 2 - 0 Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I'll give a few hints. The League average vs Lefties is .258 but this team is batting .234.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I'll give you a hint. League average is 100, hope you can figure it out from there but I doubt it

even if you want to ignore wRC+ and use OPS it's still not the Orioles

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
lirl.

Even the most archaic, traditionalist dinosaurs wouldn't use batting average as the single best defining offensive metric.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Am I the only one who thinks it is absolute nonsense to talk about this possibly being the last game as a Jay for EE and JB? After all, it could be the last game as a Jay for every single member of the team. They could be traded, decide to retire, suffer a horrible offseason tragedy, etc.

Northern Dancer

The future ain't what it used to be.
Mar 2, 2002
5 K from the ACC
Am I the only one who thinks it is absolute nonsense to talk about this possibly being the last game as a Jay for EE and JB? After all, it could be the last game as a Jay for every single member of the team. They could be traded, decide to retire, suffer a horrible offseason tragedy, etc.

Yup.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

Yes.

because, it's the most likely for those two player to be playing their last game as Blue Jays because most feel that with EE, he'll Brink-trucked by Boston, and that Shaprio (or ownership) while qualifying Bautista to get the compensation pick won't sign him to the contract that he wants to get.

that is more plausible to comprehend, than thinking that a good chunk of these players will retire, possibly be traded, or suffer a horrible off-season tragedy. So while theoretically, it could be the last game for anyone, realistically, due tot he fact that EE/Bautista are long serving Jays that's why people are more focused on that than your scenarios.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Cox just called Stroman the Jays #3, Zaun agreed, McCown just went ahead and downgraded him to #4...all this after referring to the Tillman as the O's #1.

#weareTorontoandweknownothingaboutbaseball

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Get pumped!

video_mlb_com@286a85d0-3768-315b-8ca0-f651e1ae6582_FULL.jpg

(just maybe not this pumped)
Haha I totally forgot about that guy

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Cox just called Stroman the Jays #3, Zaun agreed, McCown just went ahead and downgraded him to #4...all this after referring to the Tillman as the O's #1.

It's a shame so much of sports media is dominated by over-the-hill morons.

The spread of misinformation is saddening.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

Yes. But you've established that your thoughts on a lot of things that fans think and do and say doesn't jibe with most of the fanbase believes. So I suppose the bigger question is whether it even matters?

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

I was listening to that on the way home...those guys don't have a clue to put it nicely. The tsn guys, all hockey guys, know more. Sad.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

Given that this is McCown, I'm assuming this exchange took about 30 minutes with all of Bobcat's non-dramatic pauses and "letting the thought breathe" bouts of temporarily forgetting that he's actually live on the air?

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site

Stro usually does better when people doubt him. I think he's a much better pitcher when he's got that chip on his shoulder.

Not sure why there is such a debate over Stro/Liriano.....I'm more concerned about our offense to be honest. We need to score some runs early or it doesn't matter how good our starters do. If we are going to win this game (and do anything in the playoffs) the offense really needs to deliver with some big hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad