Confirmed Trade: Dinamo Riga exit khl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
No, Riga was a bottom feeder and players are already leaving for SHL/Liiga. Even the much stronger Jokerit (also left KHL) don't really have anyone good enough for the NHL.

Reactions: Jacob

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Jokerit stopped playing playoffs and could return to Finnish Liiga next season.
Just speculation though.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
This is news to me. Why?

Jokerit ended their season. Big sponsors cash outs. Not confirmed they leaving the corruption league yet, but you asking why would they leave? Maybe cause one fking idiotic little old man and his friends have started the massacre in Ukraine.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Obvious this should be moved to the business section with a warning. Right now, alot of former Russian held countries are shitting bricks right now. Estonia. Latvia and Lithuania all more than a little concerned

chauron

Jan 5, 2014
I think you might be right, Riga isnt a good team. I was just wondering if they had some gems or talent.

This is news to me. Why?
Their owner’s boss just activated the russian nuclear forces

The political climate towards russian business and politics is extremely unfriendly.

AntNYR

Apr 30, 2019
Report: Finnish club leaving KHL ahead of playoffs amid Russian invasion of Ukraine

From the article:

"Jokerit Helsinki, a well-known Finnish team that plays out of the Russian-based Kontinental Hockey League (KHL), are leaving the league as a result of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine."

This looks to be a mistranslation. The finnish article that is quoted in these articles / tweets does not claim that Jokerit is leaving KHL, but rather that Jokerit is quitting play for this ongoing season. Furthermore I've found no finnish articles claiming that Jokerit has withdrawn from KHL, only speculation that they should or might.

Reactions: Black Kevin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad