Confirmed with Link: Dillon Simpson re-signed (one-year, two-way)

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Decent money in the minors. Does he see 10 NHL games this season?

Eh. He's probably 10th or 11th on the depth chart at the moment.

Klefbom
Larsson
Sekera
Russell
Nurse
Benning
--------
Gryba
Fayne
Auvituu
Stanton
Davidson

He'll either need to perform really well down in the minors or we'll need to see a rash of injuries up on the big club. And that's ignoring the possibility that some of the first year AHL pro guys: Jones, Bear, Mantha, Paigin could be great down there and jump up the depth chart.

Anything could happen of course. From what I read around here he was pretty impressive in the AHL last year.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
I think Simpson might be the sleeper prospect in the organization, kinda like Davidson was. He's been playing tough comp. in the minors pretty much since day 1, including as partner to the aforementioned Davidson.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I think Simpson might be the sleeper prospect in the organization, kinda like Davidson was. He's been playing tough comp. in the minors pretty much since day 1, including as partner to the aforementioned Davidson.

Agreed.

This is his make or break year with Jones and Paigin at his feet tho

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I remember the day he was drafted that it was said he was going to be a very long-term guy, upwards of 6 years if not more.

Correct me if I'm wrong was he not very smart? Wasn't he in college early getting real good grades?

I know 90k is nothing to sneeze at, but this could really be his last shot from his own perspective as he might be looking to start a career outside of hockey.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I remember the day he was drafted that it was said he was going to be a very long-term guy, upwards of 6 years if not more.

Correct me if I'm wrong was he not very smart? Wasn't he in college early getting real good grades?

I know 90k is nothing to sneeze at, but this could really be his last shot from his own perspective as he might be looking to start a career outside of hockey.

Might be his last shot regardless with the depth we have coming up behind him.

easternrefugee

Jun 24, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
Simpson is the #1 D here in Bako. he plays a very solid and controls his own end. Rarely makes a mistake. Heck he outplayed Fayne at times. Reinhart was great down here and he was the only one who was honestly better than Simpson. he is not flashy and is very unnoticeable, but in a Dman I think that is a good trait.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad