differences between the RBK 6K and 8K helmets?

Doctor Hook

Mar 11, 2006
Boston
Besides $60 in price!

Both seem to look the same, although I'm sure the 8K has that new gel type of padding that we're seeing more in the high-end cranium buckets. SO all you RBK heads, spit some knowledge on how you like the lids...

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
I think mostly the 8k is more adjustable..has a head lock so you can adjust the width so it clamps to your head better, better fitting. The 8K has the use of some composites in the shell and the 6k is more 'normal' plastic...not sure of the exact materials, but I doubt it will weigh a crapload less. But might take impacts better..that's debatable probably.

EmptyNetter

Jun 22, 2006
North Shore, MA

Doctor Hook

Mar 11, 2006
Boston
Whatever happened to Itech helmets in the pros? I don't think i've seen anybody wearing one this season, whereas in previous seasons there were "quite a few, Jim."

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Besides $60 in price!

Both seem to look the same, although I'm sure the 8K has that new gel type of padding that we're seeing more in the high-end cranium buckets. SO all you RBK heads, spit some knowledge on how you like the lids...

8K is sweet, I like it way more than the Bauer 8000 and 5000. It's so light but protective too, I have a history of head injuries kind of, where any high hit where my head gets hit hard starts to mess up my peripheral vision and with the 8k amazingly I've been able to take a lot of the hits despite the light helmet and it's been very solid.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Idk about Rbk replacing the CCMs...Mission Intakes and all sorts of Bauer models are very popular. Think a lotta guys will keep the CCM HT2 cause they like the traditional thing...Lidstrom, Shanny, and co.

Yes to the question above, it's MissionItech now...the Intake is just a Itech HC100 suped up a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad