Differences between hockey-reference/corsica/NaturalStatTrick

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Hey guys, how come these different sites have different numbers sometimes? For example, I was looking at Jack Eichel's pages, and they all say quite different things for Corsi, from 46% to 50%. I was under the assumption that none of them score-adjust (Corsica does if you ask it to) so these should all be the same CF/CA numbers, but the CA numbers on these sites differ by as much as 10 through 5 games. What gives, which one is right? I assume this happens for every player then since there's nothing special about the random one I picked out.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Hey guys, how come these different sites have different numbers sometimes? For example, I was looking at Jack Eichel's pages, and they all say quite different things for Corsi, from 46% to 50%. I was under the assumption that none of them score-adjust (Corsica does if you ask it to) so these should all be the same CF/CA numbers, but the CA numbers on these sites differ by as much as 10 through 5 games. What gives, which one is right? I assume this happens for every player then since there's nothing special about the random one I picked out.

Just a quick look At NST and Corsica, Corsica has Eichel at 50% CF% but only through 4 games. They haven't updated him for his 5th game.
NST has 5 games.

Dunno what's up with Hockey Reference.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Just a quick look At NST and Corsica, Corsica has Eichel at 50% CF% but only through 4 games. They haven't updated him for his 5th game.
NST has 5 games.

Dunno what's up with Hockey Reference.
Didn't see that NST updated the fifth game, but when it was at 4 I don't believe it was in agreement with Corsica, it was off by a shot or two.

But yeah, HR is the big one, because I'm now remembering seeing that site be wrong about a lot of things, including PP%, goals for/against for teams, etc.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
FWIW NHL.com agrees with NST.
68 and 72.
So the lesson is probably to be skeptical of hockey reference.

Edit: Yeah, looking on the Sabres' franchise page, they even give two different values for team goals/team goals against in different places on the same page

Shame because i love that site

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad