News Article: Dietz: Toews seriously considering retirement at the end of the season

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Can't be too surprised. He's dealt with concussion issues for a while and has had recurrent problems with covid.

I can only hope he's been responsible with his money and is on the mend to be able to enjoy a nice and long retirement. He's damn well earned it.

Reactions: HLLYWD99 and Giovi

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
The era has officially ended, why would Kane even come back when he has nothing to come back for. All teammates gone, team is trash, stupid management, stupid ownership. Only thing that will bring him back is a Hail Mary Bedard lottery win which it looks like it’s not gonna happen. This team will remain trash for many years to come. Couple of those 1sts turning out of be busts and we are back to square one.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Wonder If he still will try to play some final games for a send off or not. It'll be odd, his last game though had a goal with an assist from Kane, but in kinda garbage time loss.

Reactions: HLLYWD99

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
have to post this one too...man i miss that team, we will never see another group like that again, they just had too much pride

Even in a loss I had little doubt that team would win the cup after seeing that game 5 performance from Toews

Unfortunate end with the health issues but probably for the best. He’s really been struggling with the health issues since that bubble playoffs, which was effectively the last gasp for this core group.

Legendary career.

HLLYWD99

Mar 8, 2011
Amherstburg

1679174518341.png

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Toews is the player that you clone, that other GM's said "wish we had him", a role model, a leader by example, a player who could lift his game in the biggest moments, and just a winner.......he is a legend and perhaps the greatest Blackhawk ever.

Obviously Toews was a great player for a few seasons, but c'mon he not even top 5 all time Blackhawks.. hell he isn't even top 2 Blackhawk since the year 2000.

Good career though, hopefully he regains his health in retirement which is hopefully what he decides rather than just bouncing around from team to team for a couple years.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkaholic

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Great career. I wish him well and I hope he gets his health in order.

^
This

He has accomplished all he could essentially and if he desires will easily be able to get into coaching/management role post playing career.

Doesn't have personality or charisma to do TV/Radio though

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Great player at just the right time.
Thanks for the cups Jonathan.

Get healthy and enjoy life.

have to post this one too...man i miss that team, we will never see another group like that again, they just had too much pride

Game 7 of that same series.
Toews scores the first two goals giving the Hawks a 2-0 lead in the 1st period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad