Die hard fans who visit every game

Arpi3080

Everybody be cool!
Aug 12, 2011
Hey guys,
I wonder if there are any die hard fans in the NHL who attend every home game and travel to each away game? I know it's very time consuming and not cheap but who knows ;-)
Maybe some who visit at least 10 away games? Feel free to put your hands up or just tell me your opinion.

Many thanks!

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I dont think ive ever gone to an away game. Only home games

Everytime I went though my team i was rooting for won though... So Season tickets?

cleveland408

Registered
Apr 12, 2014
Due to the distance I couldn't attend 25% of the games if I wanted too. The closest NHL franchise is 350+ miles from me.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
I don't think anyone apart from media people and the team itself attends all games, just not practical in North America. You hear of people doing that in European soccer where you can just take a train to away games.

I've attended one away game. I know people who followed the Senators on a California road trip, but that's just one road trip, not a whole season worth.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I have a friend in Anaheim who is a long time Ducks season ticket holder and she has also been to almost every NHL arena over the years to see them play. She even went to their other games that they played in Europe.

Niet

Feb 26, 2010
Edmonton
Only away rink I've been to is Calgary and it's really the only one within reasonable distance. I wish it was possible to have the travelling support that there is in Europe, but it's simply impossible unless you're very wealthy.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
Going to away games is fun. Obviously, due to the geographical distances it's not very convenient. I went to San Jose a few years ago and people were very nice. It was also fun to go to warmups and be one of the only people in the building with a Coyotes jersey. I had a sign and I remember Paul Bissonette gave me a tap on the glass.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Yeah you not only have to love the game and your team, but you have to be rich and basically retired.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The only Leafs game I have seen not in Toronto was in December 2007 when they played the Lightning in Tampa Bay. It worked out for me even going to that game since I was already on vacation in Orlando and it was only an hour drive. I remember getting tickets through Ticketmaster that was 2nd row next to the penalty box and I found out with those seats I could go into a lounge with free food and drinks, plus it was right next to the location where the Leafs went out onto the ice.

Woll Smoth

Mar 17, 2010
Mississauga
Every away game is insane, but I bet there's a lot of fans who have made the effort to visit every other team's arena spread out over a few years.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
There was a couple of fans a few years ago who went to every arena in 30 CONSECUTIVE days. I was there at the Avs game when they made their stop, pretty neat stuff. For me, I'd love to see every arena, ballpark and stadium someday, I've already done several of each. Those who can go to as many away games as they an are lucky.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
There was a couple of fans a few years ago who went to every arena in 30 CONSECUTIVE days. I was there at the Avs game when they made their stop, pretty neat stuff. For me, I'd love to see every arena, ballpark and stadium someday, I've already done several of each. Those who can go to as many away games as they an are lucky.

It'd be awesome, but tiring I'm sure. I've always wanted to go to every MLB park, but just the same it would be awesome for each NHL stadium. I've been to a couple of games in Denver, but I don't travel often so the odds of me getting to a bunch more are low unfortunately. That's the only other stadium I've been to.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
There was a Shark fan that did that (between HS and college) before the last lock out.

(I'm still trying to get to each away venue. Added 3 to my list this season.)

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
There was a couple of fans a few years ago who went to every arena in 30 CONSECUTIVE days. I was there at the Avs game when they made their stop, pretty neat stuff.

I think some guy did that as well this year for a charity thing?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
There's a NY Giants fan that I believe does this, but the turnaround time is a lot longer with a game every week and only 16 games.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
As far as away games to see my team okay I've been to Columbus, MSG, Nassau, Philadelphia, Newark, Toronto, Pittsburgh and Detroit. I need to start adding to that list come to think of it.

Bexlyspeed

May 21, 2011
Astoria, Queens, N.Y
quite a few years back i remember the Islanders doing a story on a guy that had retired and was attending all the home and away games that year.

for the life of me i cant recall what season this was?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad