Post-Game Talk: Didnt play a full 60 minutes, and ran into Loungo. Leafs lose in SO

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
He needed to try something different, there wasn't much time until they became short handed.
End of the day it didn't matter but that could have been a wasted opportunity had Fla scored on the PP.

He was definitely playing it safe. You can tell he's overthinking things amidst his struggles. Typically he could make a play there to get a chance but he's not confident right now and that is affecting him.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
I just want one game where Matthews isn't with Hyman. Is that too much to ask?

Hyman's permanent placement on that line is so bizarre that the coverage of it dominates the conversation about this team..
The fact that no one but Hyman plays on that wing ( except for that one night where they scored 6 goals), is mind boggling...

MorrisSmit89

Mar 20, 2014
It's crazy how good this team is with Marner and Nylander struggling like they have this season. Marners already breaking out and I'm sure Nylander will as well. The Leafs aren't even close to their peak yet.. I think they'll be hitting full stride after the all-star game.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
As stated on overdrive today. Best thing that happens is the leafs make the play offs and marner and nylander end up with under 45 pts each

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
After watching 3 on 3, how can the NHL claim that shoot outs are exciting?

Let 'em go 3 on 3 until someone scores. Fans will go home happy.
Shootouts are literally breakaways what's. it exciting about that? OT teams can play conserva and there are arent that many chances as their used to. Going 3 on 3 continuously would just exhaust the players.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Matthews wouldn't have scored if he wasn't swatted of the puck in ot. It also wasn't a penalty at all.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
As stated on overdrive today. Best thing that happens is the leafs make the play offs and marner and nylander end up with under 45 pts each
Idk, I think the kids would refuse to sign a long term contract if that happened, instead opting for a bridge deal that would then have their cap hits in the 7-9 range depending on how well they do in future. My ideal is another season of 55-60 points and getting them signed on matching 8 year contracts between 6-6.5M
Matthews wouldn't have scored if he wasn't swatted of the puck in ot. It also wasn't a penalty at all.
Ya a guy who may not know a rule knows less about hockey than your little brother...
Looks like his little brother knows more than you. And how the hell are you making definitive statements on whether Matthews would've scored or not without getting tripped? He had the defender beat enough to get a scoring chance if the defender didn't commit an infraction.
Shootouts are literally breakaways what's. it exciting about that? OT teams can play conserva and there are arent that many chances as their used to. Going 3 on 3 continuously would just exhaust the players.
Lmao. You can't play conservative in 3 on 3 OT, especially if it went on until someone scored. And there are an extreme amount of chances in OT.

Last edited:

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

Shootouts are a skills competition and don't reflect how the game is played.

I don't see teams playing conservative in OT, it's a trading of chances.

Yes they become tired. It forces a coach to use their full bench and being tired is when goals happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad