Did you know?

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Ryan Smyth has more pp goals than Wayne Gretzky? 126 to 125

Kelly Buchberger is the all time minus and penalty minutes leader?

Glen Anderson has the all time most GWG? 11 ahead of Gretzky?

Wayne Gretzky has the all time most SH goals a whopping 19 ahead of Messier?

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Matt Bartowski had 0 NHL goals before his game against the Oilers?

The Oilers have had a lot of high draft picks?

The Oilers have drafted no defencemen first overall?

Edit: this is actually cool info, Beerfish! Had no idea about Smyth, never would have guessed.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
BAH hahahaha!
Freaking perfect.

...that Wayne Gretzky actually scored the first NHL goal in Oilers history, a deflection on a Kevin Lowe shot from the point. He deferred the goal to Lowe, being the class act he is.

UnrefinedCrude

Jun 7, 2011
BAH hahahaha!
Freaking perfect.

...that Wayne Gretzky actually scored the first NHL goal in Oilers history, a deflection on a Kevin Lowe shot from the point. He deferred the goal to Lowe, being the class act he is.

Or that Gretzky's first goal as a pro was against the Edmonton Oilers?[and his second goal a mere 4 seconds later.]

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Or that Gretzky's first goal as a pro was against the Edmonton Oilers?[and his second goal a mere 4 seconds later.]

Did not know that!
I started watching in 1981-82 as a 4 year-old and I remember having butterflies every time Gretz touched the puck. Rollercoaster butterflies.
Wish I could see the footage of those goals.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Ray Whitney. Ryan and Ray Whitney are not related. One's Canadian and the other American.

Narnia--need a slam you sarcasm metre into place--girl you letting your side down not picking that one up--should have responded--Ryan loved the oilers so much as a 4 year old he hitched hiked every day in ten ten feet of snow to get the jon

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Glen Anderson had the most awkward interviews.

Everyone who was living in Edmonton in the 80's knew someone who knew someone who knew one of the Oilers.

Kevin Lowe was brought in because they respected him as a really intelligent guy having gone to college.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I don't know why I remember this, but I believe Wayne Gretzky has said that his daughter Paulina was conceived the night he scored his famous goal vs. the Flames in the '88 playoffs:

:popcorn:

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I don't know why I remember this, but I believe Wayne Gretzky has said that his daughter Paulina was conceived the night he scored his famous goal vs. the Flames in the '88 playoffs:

:popcorn:

Always amazes me to watch these old video and see how much smaller the players equipment was. Not just the goalies, but everybody's. I wish they'd go back to that. The game was so much more wide open and exciting. It's a snoozefest by comparison today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad