Did you know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
sonnytheman said:
with the guaranteed medal this year, Canada now ties the record for most consecutive years with a WJHC medal (7). Russia went 1-3-3 (g-s-b) from 1994-2000.

I'm guessing they'll break that record next year.

sonnytheman

Apr 9, 2002
Ithaca, Mtl
Visit site
Rob Paxon said:
I'm guessing they'll break that record next year.

I wouldn't be so sure. Its likely that there may be no returning players next year if the NHL is on, and the 2004 draft crop wasn't that great for Canada (those will be the 19 yr olds next year). However, if Gretzky is right and the lockout takes another year, then Crosby-Brule will be there, and then yes, they should break the record.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
sonnytheman said:
I wouldn't be so sure. Its likely that there may be no returning players next year if the NHL is on, and the 2004 draft crop wasn't that great for Canada (those will be the 19 yr olds next year). However, if Gretzky is right and the lockout takes another year, then Crosby-Brule will be there, and then yes, they should break the record.

I'm not sold that they will, but if I had to pick one way or the other, I say they will. I think people put too much stock in returning players. Either way you slice it, all of the participants are young and playing in a short tournament. The real experience that makes a difference is a guy like Bergeron who played a season in the NHL.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
I just want them to win the GOLD this year. So Canada can own all the hockey Crowns, Olympic gold, world championship, world cup, and Womens Olympic gold and world championship.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
It's going to be a very tough tourney next year in Vancouver... with Russia, Finland, on the Czechs all having mature, talented entries. Canada only has 2 eligible returnees next year, Crosby and Glass, but will have an extremely strong contingent in '07 as the '88 draft year class is very deep. Having said that, games are played on ice, not paper... and being in Canada next year will hopefully give the guys a boost.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
jet228 said:
It's going to be a very tough tourney next year in Vancouver... with Russia, Finland, on the Czechs all having mature, talented entries. Canada only has 2 eligible returnees next year, Crosby and Glass, but will have an extremely strong contingent in '07 as the '88 draft year class is very deep. Having said that, games are played on ice, not paper... and being in Canada next year will hopefully give the guys a boost.

Glass isn't eligible he's an 85' bday...

The other returning eligible player is Cam Barker.... he;s an 86 bday...

both should be in the NHL if there is a season next year

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
ktownhockey said:
Glass isn't eligible he's an 85' bday...

The other returning eligible player is Cam Barker.... he;s an 86 bday...

both should be in the NHL if there is a season next year

oops my bad... thanks for the correction :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad