Rumor: Did Vegas miss on getting Kiril Kaprizov?

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
http://www.startribune.com/it-s-official-vegas-inks-wild-s-erik-haula-in-expansion-draft/430032763/

With Eriksson Ek, Luke Kunin, Jordan Greenway and Kirill Kaprizov in the hopper, the Wild felt it could afford to make the move.

It is believed the Wild also at least discussed Greenway and Kaprizov with Vegas.

“We did what we had to do to keep our defense corps together and also protect a couple of our key forwards,†Fletcher said. “It’s an exciting opportunity for both [Haula and Tuch]. Two guys we drafted and developed. Big losses for our franchise.â€Â

If the above mentioned is true, McPhee should seriously be questioned as to what he has done.

I don't know if the report is true, but if it is, Vegas just lost an opportunity to get a potential franchise player into their hands.

Let me remind you that Kaprizov dominated the last WJHC winning the scoring and goal scoring titles, broke the KHL record for a young player scoring (beat Kuznetsov and Tarasenko numbers), entered top 15 NHL prospects list and was given major European awards.

While he's not coming to the NA this year, he is going to be most likely available next season and it would be a shame if Vegas missed on getting a Tarasenko like player even if they would have had to lose their first round pick.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
IF it's true is a big question. And at that point it also depends on what Kaprizov and Tuch become tbh. No telling really how it's going to shake out, but it is hard for me to criticize them adding a power forward like Tuch (guys like that are hard to get in trade without being an impending FA) and a functional forward in Haula. They might have two guys playing in their top six this year from that trade.

Of all George's moves in the expac draft the trade with the Wild was probably one of the most questioned, but personally I was pretty happy with it. If Tuch bombs in camp it's going to change everything, but I'm willing to wait and see at this point.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Don't know much about Kaprizov, but Tuch is a superior prospect to Greenway imo.

All Greenway has on Tuch is a couple inches. He's more physical, but Tuch has more offensive talent, and is a better skater. No slouch in the physical department either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad