Speculation: Did the Maple Leafs make the wrong choice signing John Tavares?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
2677D58403320E8AA8546F67A702626B9D8C36BA

Reactions: Anthrax442

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
I think they did, that money would have got us #1 D and a decent winger. Kadri did great last year, even when Matthews was out.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
I think they did, that money would have got us #1 D and a decent winger. Kadri did great last year, even when Matthews was out.
Getting a number one d would mean sacrificing Marner or a package of Nylander, Sandin, 1st, etc. Not worth at all unless the defence man is really f***ing good...

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
I've been saying since day one, that YES the Leafs made a really bad choice in signing Tavares. Only made worse by the fact that they made him the second highest AAV player up to that point. Leafs window shrunk the day they signed Tavares, but hey he's a local boy, so who cares if he's ridiculously overrated, and the team continues to exit the first round ?

Once

Jul 16, 2010
We've added one of the best centers in the league at no cost. How on earth do you even make a case that it was a mistake?

Edit: I just noticed that the article is a joke. Good one, OP.

Yeah, when a player of JTs caliber is available you take a shot every time.

Once

Jul 16, 2010
I've been saying since day one, that YES the Leafs made a really bad choice in signing Tavares. Only made worse by the fact that they made him the second highest AAV player up to that point. Leafs window shrunk the day they signed Tavares, but hey he's a local boy, so who cares if he's ridiculously overrated, and the team continues to exit the first round ?

That’s appalling.

John Tavares puts us that much closer to a Stanley cup. Trust the process.

Reactions: Multigrain

SoVi3t

Sep 16, 2009
I love how many people here got angry, without even reading the article or clicking the link. These are probably the same jackoffs who give up on the Leafs when it's 1-0 in the first period.

Go put on your dunce caps and sit in the corner.

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010
PPG+, will get 40+ goals this year, currently a +14 with tough matchups, franchise center.
Acquired for nothing but $. No players/picks lost in trade.
Yeah, what a detrimental mistake.
Edit (and im referring to the posters who believe it was a mistake, not this article)

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
We have the worst journos in the Western hemisphere, even worse amateurs, so though it's a joke, there's still some idiots in the media questioning our moves. We were dying for a franchise C after Mats. Now we have two, and media clamors to push them out

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
For all the other team fans that are lurking these boards and seeing the implosion of the Leafs fan base, yes it’s like this after every couple of losses.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
jeezus f***ing Christ!

even if it is a joke, its still fodder for the rest of the league to call leaf fans stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad