Did Marner get taller?

member 300185

My friend, who is 6 feet even said he bumped into Marner and said he was as tall as he was.

Anyone have any idea if this is true? I like the idea of him getting a bit bigger and taller as long as it doesn't affect those mitts.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
People think he's short because he hangs out with Matthews, Martin, and Marleau lol...

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
it's weight that has always been Marner's sub-normal measurement, 5'11" and around 160lbs at the combine. Another 10lbs from where he is now and he'll be in the normal range of the bell curve for height and weight among NHL'ers, especially with the averages falling due to smaller players being brought back into the league on mass

I was also shocked at how often he pinned a larger guy in the offensive corners and came away with the puck under control last year, he's very effective in traffic even with the small frame

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
He likes to wear his hats high on his head, probably what confused your friend

Reactions: Walshy7

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
He does look smaller than usual, but you have to consider pro athletes at the NHL level are all taller in stature than regular joe's on the street. I've ran into some Leaf/Marlies, listed 6'1 or so, and they looked taller/more built in person.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
I don't feel he's gotten taller, but i can definitely see the gains he's made in regards to his overall physical makeup. He's slowly filling into his frame, his chest has expanded along with shoulders. You can tell he's definitely been putting in a lot of work so far this off-season into being stronger in a sense.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
He is filling out as well. I don't think he is taller. Certainly stronger and it was showing in the PO. If he follows Kadri size wise he's going to be a phenom, maybe rival Matthews.

I am not just saying that either, I really believe Marner has the highest ceiling.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Wait until he plays a full season with this beast Toronto Maple Leafs Stats Analysis: How Good Is John Tavares

Tavares will make him taller ha

Tavares advanced stats put him 2nd 3rd best player inbthe league. The article suggest Matthews is trending to top 5 best players in the league.

Willy and Mitch are two really really fortunate right wingers. This can only turn out good people!

Last edited:
Reactions: 666

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
It's threads like this that give the Toronto market the rep it has lol.

It's only July 4th. September seems so far away.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
My friend, who is 6 feet even said he bumped into Marner and said he was as tall as he was.

Anyone have any idea if this is true? I like the idea of him getting a bit bigger and taller as long as it doesn't affect those mitts.
Been around 6 feet for a while now.

Reactions: NovaLeaf

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Has been said to be 6' for over a year now, he just needs to build his muscle mass over the next couple years. a lean 185'ish would be gtg!

Reactions: exporta

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Kinda off topic I remember running into TFC legend Dwayne de Rosario, listed at 5'11 (same as me), but i remember him seeming more like 5'9 :laugh:. Real nice guy though .

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
He’s the same exact height as me pretty much, and I am 6 feet. So no

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad