Did Marchand get punched or wrecked clean? (MOD NOTICE post #175)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
So much bullshit in this thread. Of course Bennett punched Marchand and it certainly looks like he got away with it. Good for him.

Marchand is a great player, who certainly can be cheap, and has certainly crossed the line. An ultra competitive agitator that gets under players skin.

The exact same thing can be said for Tkachuk and Bennet. And any Panther fan who disagrees is kidding themselves.

Just own it. It’s ok.

Would I love Bennet and Tkachuk in Boston? Of course. But since they are not, I see their cheap weasel-like play (JUST like Marchand’s) and dislike them intensely.

Just as Panther fans feel (but maybe can’t admit it) about Marchand.

Yeah there isn’t a single hockey GM, coach, or logical fan that wouldn’t be ecstatic if any of those three players were on their roster.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Tough players don't need to hit a guy in the nuts, with a stick, while he's face down on the ice.
Bennett isn't tough, he's extremely dirty. All he does is cheapshot players, almost every time he "fights" someone, he starts throwing punches before the other guy even takes his gloves off.

Funny enough, the same thing can be said about Marchand. Honestly though I'd be pretty outraged if I was a Bruins fan, you lose your captain and one of your top players to a dirty play like that that doesn't even get penalized.

Gotta think the Bruins are going to come out angry, it's stuff like this that is horrible for the league. We see these kinds of no calls almost every year, and what happens ? Players get outraged because the league/officials do absolutely nothing to protect their players, players take matters into their own hands, someone retaliates with a significantly worse hit and then the hammer comes down. For the Bruins players sake hopefully they can control their emotions, but I imagine Bennett will be targeted this game.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Who is the least respected Rat in the league that won't stand up for himself on the regular?
Marchand
Tkachuk
Bennett
One of those is not like the others.

YukonCornelius

Apr 13, 2018
PErhaps Marchand should focus on hockey instead of his rat antics. He tried to check Bennet, and Bennet laid him out. Clean hit and the rat was put down.
What a weird narrative like Marchand was going for a dirty hit. Are you opposed to checking now? Attempting to throw a check should not be met with a thinly-veiled punch to the head.

Reactions: TheUnusedCrayon

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
What a weird narrative like Marchand was going for a dirty hit. Are you opposed to checking now? Attempting to throw a check should not be met with a thinly-veiled punch to the head.
No one said it was dirty but you. MArchand tried to check Bennet and Bennett blew him up with a clean hit. Marchand is just too hurt and to do something about it to Bennett. To be honest, even if he wasn't hurt, MArchand wouldnt get up and fight bennett.

goflyakite

Apr 29, 2011
Ontario
So much bullshit in this thread. Of course Bennett punched Marchand and it certainly looks like he got away with it. Good for him.

Marchand is a great player, who certainly can be cheap, and has certainly crossed the line. An ultra competitive agitator that gets under players skin.

The exact same thing can be said for Tkachuk and Bennet. And any Panther fan who disagrees is kidding themselves.

Just own it. It’s ok.

Would I love Bennet and Tkachuk in Boston? Of course. But since they are not, I see their cheap weasel-like play (JUST like Marchand’s) and dislike them intensely.

Just as Panther fans feel (but maybe can’t admit it) about Marchand.
Seriously like it’s one thing to say you don’t care that Marchand got hurt after playing on the edge most of his career but to deny what Bennet did is hilarious.

Maybe Bennet got them with a “clean” hit to the head as well, and their brains are a little foggy.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Why are you acting like he’s got a history as a tough guy? He barely has anything on his fight card, and literally nothing against an actual fighter.
HE isn't a tough guy, but he doesn't lay on the ice and skirt fights like MArchand.

YukonCornelius

Apr 13, 2018
If it was a punch.

You'd think Marchand would have cried to his teammates about that and they would have gone after Bennett
IMG_5173.jpeg

Reactions: goflyakite

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Bennett isn't tough, he's extremely dirty. All he does is cheapshot players, almost every time he "fights" someone, he starts throwing punches before the other guy even takes his gloves off.
Your bias is showing

Well all my friends in FLA get ready, because you're about the get the worst hurricane season to date, according to NOAH, so hopefully you get your Cup Parade in before you're all underwater:cool:

Seacrest Out!
🎤
LoL, they say that every year, it generates clicks

Last edited:

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Looks like a good, hard hockey play

No penalty called, because there was no penalty

Amidoingthisrite?

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Your bias is showing
Proceeds to show 1 clip of him fighting Sergachev

lmao what ? Not like Panthers fans are biased about their own player right ? If you think he isn't one of the dirtiest players in the league, if not the dirtiest then your bias is showing.

Again, I don't care about Marchand or feel bad for him, considering how many players he's injured with dirty plays. But pretending like he Bennett didn't punch him and doesn't have a huge history of being a dirt bag is legitimately laughable.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Proceeds to show 1 clip of him fighting Sergachev

lmao what ? Not like Panthers fans are biased about their own player right ? If you think he isn't one of the dirtiest players in the league, if not the dirtiest then your bias is showing.

Again, I don't care about Marchand or feel bad for him, considering how many players he's injured with dirty plays. But pretending like he Bennett didn't punch him and doesn't have a huge history of being a dirt bag is legitimately laughable.
Yes, your bias is showing. You have a beef w/Bennett, it’s ok.
(I added a couple more clips of dirrrrty Cat Bennett)

• Haha
Reactions: AvroArrow

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Yes, your bias is showing. You have a beef w/Bennett, it’s ok.
(I added a couple more clips of dirrrrty Cat Bennett)
You think Bennett didn't punch Marchand in the face on that play ? Would you argue that Bennett has not made countless dirty plays in the past with the intent to injure ? Has Bennett not started throwing punches at opposing players before the opponent has dropped his gloves ?

I don't like to strawman like a lot of posters, so I am asking you before I say anything further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad