Did Jim Dolan destroy this team ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kocur26

Limousine Ridin’
Jul 30, 2021
I can understand his frustration like any other rangers fan, watching Tom Wilson, pound ranger heads into the ice and then laugh about it in the penalty box .

No question a bodyguard, and an overall toughness mindset was needed.

But at the same time couldn’t Dolan have just gone to Gorton and Davidson and told them that?

Did we rush this rebuild?
Should we have taken the patient route like the Devils?
We have traded away, key assets, young players, prospects and choked ourselves with Space, and now we are stuck with jimmy Vesey a guy so bad the the NJD didn’t want him and Julian Gauthier and carpenter etc

A couple questions for the board;

Do you believe in the devil’s? Are they for real?

Are the Rangers headed for the basement?

Will Gallant make it to the ASB?

What do you think Drury’s next move is?

Should we look at Lafrenniere like the devils looked at Nico Hirsch?

Lastly - do you even want to make the PO?

Reactions: egelband

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
We will be OK...yes on development of kids...it takes time for some . It is not instant oatmeal with every prospect out of the package . Devils are not for real...maybe in 3 years . Our rebuild was not a true rebuild . Gallant will be here in April . Rangers will snag a playoff spot . Edit....don't knock Gauthier....he is coming .

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I think the Devils are a solid team with a promising future. I think they are overachieveing but they are for real. Assuming for real means a solid team that can win in the playoffs

Rangers arent heading to the basement. This is overreacting. Theres plenty of moves that can be made before we go down that path

I think the next 8 games are huge for Gallant & the Rangers. If the out come is bad i can see him being fired by ASB

Hard to say but im going to guess Kane. Though id rather a quicker player. I think the loss of the depth from the TDL is huge

Not sure how Devils looked at Hischier

Course i want to make the playoffs. The point of this leauge is to win. I want to see this team win and fanbase happy.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Not to mention, there never was a rebuild and that stupid letter really warped this fanbases brain.

Reactions: egelband

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
In what way was there not a rebuild? They traded everyone away for picks and prospects and literally REBUILT their entire team in 2 years.

The term “rebuild” doesn’t necessarily mean tank for 10 straight years
So if the term "rebuild" just means turning over the roster then how in the hell can it possibly be rushed?

Deleted member 23124

I can understand his frustration like any other rangers fan, watching Tom Wilson, pound ranger heads into the ice and then laugh about it in the penalty box .

But at the same time couldn’t Dolan have just gone to Gorton and Davidson and told them that?

Did we rush this rebuild?
Should we have taken the patient route like the Devils?
We have traded away, key assets, young players, prospects and choked ourselves with Space, and now we are stuck with jimmy Vesey a guy so bad the the NJD didn’t want him and Julian Gauthier and carpenter etc

A couple questions for the board;

Do you believe in the devil’s? Are they for real?

Are the Rangers headed for the basement?

Will Gallant make it to the ASB?

What do you think Drury’s next move is?

Should we look at Lafrenniere like the devils looked at Nico Hirsch?

Lastly - do you even want to make the PO?
Yes, we rushed the rebuild. I don't believe Gorts and JD were given a chance to address the issue. It's my belief they would have come the offseason.

I believe Devils are real (despite Lindy)

Rangers will make the playoffs, not basement.

Gallant will last the season.

Good question re move: I'm praying with all my being that he goes nowhere near Kane (the only Kane I'd be interested in is Evander -- but he won't be much of a help at this point either).

As someone stated in another thread, KK and Laffy are victims of The Dolt's impatience. Most teams will build a team around first and/or second picks. Rangers did not -- they basically tried to make them defensive forwards.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
When your team wins most games all season based on elite power play and goaltending, they will lose the following season if those things return back to normal. They did.

I have no clue if this core has what it takes. They got lucky against the Penguins last year, but then played really well in their wins against Carolina. I even think they improved their game somewhat 5v5 this year compared to the same time last year.

But is this a club that can will themselves into the playoffs? Without a coaching shakeup, I don't think so. They have no confidence. They're finding ways to lose when last year, they found ways to win. These guys remind me of the Lindross years quite a bit. The team is strong on paper, but has zero ability to play consistently.

And yes, I think the Devils are the real deal.

They can right the ship. But it looks to me like Trouba's best years are behind him, and sadly, Kreider's year last year was a fluke for some reason.

Also, as to whether we "rushed the rebuild" that wasn't on Drury. That happened the moment they signed Panarin under the prior administration. Drury traded Buch banking on Kakko and Laf being good. He isn't burying them in favor of players like Vesey.

They just haven't taken that step yet. The team will make the playoffs if those two ever do take that step. but again, I don't think it's happening this year based on how it's going right now.

Plus, I think their problems are more defensive than offensive right now. The goals they give up are abysmal.

Last edited:

Kocur26

Limousine Ridin’
Jul 30, 2021
When your team wins most games all season based on elite power play and goaltending, they will lose the following season if those things return back to normal. They did.

I have no clue if this core has what it takes. They got lucky against the Penguins last year, but then played really well in their wins against Carolina. I even think they improved their game somewhat 5v5 this year compared to the same time last year.

But is this a club that can will themselves into the playoffs? Without a coaching shakeup, I don't think so. They have no confidence. They're finding ways to lose when last year, they found ways to win. These guys remind me of the Lindross years quite a bit. The team is strong on paper, but has zero ability to play consistently.

They can right the ship. But it looks to me like Trouba's best years are behind him, and sadly, Kreider's year last year was a fluke for some reason.

Also, as to whether we "rushed the rebuild" that wasn't on Drury. That happened the moment they signed Panarin under the prior administration. Drury traded Buch banking on Kakko and Laf being good. He isn't burying them in favor of players like Vesey.

They just haven't taken that step yet. The team will make the playoffs if those two ever do take that step. but again, I don't think it's happening this year based on how it's going right now.

Plus, I think their problems are more defensive than offensive right now. The goals they give up are abysmal.
I agree on the PP reliability.
Big big problem.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
No, Gorton and JD were going down this path anyway when they signed Panarin and traded for Trouba. It’s easy to second guess every move they’ve made in hindsight.

They clearly need a new coach because it’s crazy to think Gerard Gallant is finally breaking through with a team that’s already tuned him out. Waiting is just delaying the inevitable.

The organization has no excuse anymore to not lean on the kids with the veterans struggling so bad. Laf Chytil Kakko need top 6 ice time (and more TOI with Fox) and at least get to start some power plays. I’d even try them on the PK. Let them run and see what happens.

Mika and Kreider need to break up too. They split Strome and Panarin too. The combo doesn’t work like it used to and it will be better for for both of them. Trouba needs to get LTIR’d for the good of the team like a real captain would. Get healthy for the playoffs and the Rangers could trade for a non-compromised defenseman. Igor will be fine once the team in front of him is sheer chaos every night.

Laf-Mika-Kakko
Panarin-Chytil-Kravtsov
Kreider-Trocheck-Gauthier
Vesey-Rydahl-Goodrow

Miller-Fox
Lindgren-Schneider
Jones-Trouba*

Hire Trotz

Reactions: CLW

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016

I disagree, Panarin was a guy that was found money that you would have been crazy to say no to, we didn't need to trade for him, lose picks or anything, just sign him. The buch trade i can understand if we got value back for him. Blais was an often injured player who wasn't as good as the guy going back, i have no problem with them making a trade, but just get something back.

No, Gorton and JD were going down this path anyway when they signed Panarin and traded for Trouba. It’s easy to second guess every move they’ve made in hindsight.

They clearly need a new coach because it’s crazy to think Gerard Gallant is finally breaking through with a team that’s already tuned him out. Waiting is just delaying the inevitable.

The organization has no excuse anymore to not lean on the kids with the veterans struggling so bad. Laf Chytil Kakko need top 6 ice time (and more TOI with Fox) and at least get to start some power plays. I’d even try them on the PK. Let them run and see what happens.

Mika and Kreider need to break up too. They split Strome and Panarin too. The combo doesn’t work like it used to and it will be better for for both of them. Trouba needs to get LTIR’d for the good of the team like a real captain would. Get healthy for the playoffs and the Rangers could trade for a non-compromised defenseman. Igor will be fine once the team in front of him is sheer chaos every night.

Laf-Mika-Kakko
Panarin-Chytil-Kravtsov
Kreider-Trocheck-Gauthier
Vesey-Rydahl-Goodrow

Miller-Fox
Lindgren-Schneider
Jones-Trouba*

Hire Trotz
Trouba I'll give you but not Panarin. He landed in our lap and we'd have been crazy to not take him. I'm doubtful Gorton would have traded a first rounder away last year. Imo he probably would have made some minor deals to improve without giving up much.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

Gorton tried to trade for Reaves a few years ago. They also moved up to draft Schneider because they wanted to toughness. It was something Gorts and JD were already aware of.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
the team is fine. this core got within 2 games of the stanley cup finals last year, what were they gonna do, blow the whole thing up?

Reactions: ncdoc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad