Did HC 19 Humenne get promoted to the Slovak Extraliga?

paul-laus

Jun 20, 2007
Hello. Looking for some clarity on this as I can’t find anything on line in English. I know that Humenne won the Slovak 2nd league playoff championship. Does that automatically mean that they go up to the top league? Or are there other factors in play such as arena size, ownership, etc…

Thanks, any info Is appreciated…

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
They should go up, unless something changed:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Hello. Looking for some clarity on this as I can’t find anything on line in English. I know that Humenne won the Slovak 2nd league playoff championship. Does that automatically mean that they go up to the top league? Or are there other factors in play such as arena size, ownership, etc…

Thanks, any info Is appreciated…
It is complicated to reply because we do not know how top Slovak league will look like next season. Right now we are hearing from media & various statements that majority of clubs created a new league called PHL as a rival to current Extraliga run by the Slovak hockey federation (SZLH). According to media statements, PHL would be outside IIHF, so no transfers, their players would not play for Slovak NT etc.

The information on who is who is changing all the time. Latest news are as follows:

PHL - HC Košice, HKM Zvolen, HC Nové Zámky, HK Poprad, HC‘05 Banská Bystrica, HK Nitra, MHk 32 Liptovský Mikuláš, HK Dukla Trenčín, HC 21 Prešov & HK Spišská Nová Ves

Extraliga - Slovan Bratislava, HK Dukla Michalovce, HC Humenné

The conflict is on who will run the league & control revenues - clubs or SZLH? Of course there are other reasons as well.

paul-laus

Jun 20, 2007
Wow. 10 teams earmarked for the new league with only three as of now hoping to stay in the Extraliga. Lots to be determined I suppose…Thanks for the intel though boys…

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Wow. 10 teams earmarked for the new league with only three as of now hoping to stay in the Extraliga. Lots to be determined I suppose…Thanks for the intel though boys…
Of course, everything can be different within a week etc. But right now the SZLH position is to run Extraliga even without clubs who created the new league. The deadline for Extraliga applications is May 31. If there is not enough clubs, they will add the teams from 2nd tier league (if interest).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad