Did fan appreciation day fall short?

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Every year one of the few things The Panthers did well was a final home game "fan appreciation day".

Just about every whistle break, prizes were drawn for ticket holders, etc etc and they actually did a good job of at least showing some actual "appreciation".

I saw very little if any of it Saturday night. Many others sth's have mentioned same

Did anyone here ATTENDING notice/perceive this?

PS couple of caveats:

1) no this is not a big deal and yes I rather they spend on free agents. I'm simply curious. so please don't post "who cares" show you don't care by not commenting.

2) no I wouldn't rather have the "Weiss spectacle". They're not mutually exclusive..

thx!

AG

Jan 19, 2006
Every year one of the few things The Panthers did well was a final home game "fan appreciation day".

Just about every whistle break, prizes were drawn for ticket holders, etc etc and they actually did a good job of at least showing some actual "appreciation".

I saw very little if any of it Saturday night. Many others sth's have mentioned same

Did anyone here ATTENDING notice/perceive this?

PS couple of caveats:

1) no this is not a big deal and yes I rather they spend on free agents. I'm simply curious. so please don't post "who cares" show you don't care by not commenting.

2) no I wouldn't rather have the "Weiss spectacle". They're not mutually exclusive..

thx!

AG

I noticed it but was fine with it.

Having them give prizes to a bunch of strangers doesn't make me feel any more appreciated, but that's just me.

I'm just glad this abominable season is over... and I think they are too.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
I noticed it but was fine with it.

Having them give prizes to a bunch of strangers doesn't make me feel any more appreciated, but that's just me.

I'm just glad this abominable season is over... and I think they are too.

Yea, I also get the feeling that they want a clean break from Yackman's circus antics.

Its not that I miss it, my kids loved it but they are all gone: it was just very noticeable.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
It was very disappointing. All the sth'ers sitting around us felt the same way. Other than a few players saying thanks it was no different than any other game - blaring music during stoppages in play and the t-shirt tosses.

I listened to a few games on XM yesterday and most all the play by play personell commented on what the teams were doing for their fans.

Panthers did squat!

Let's hope they at least have a draft party for us like they did last year.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida

AG
Are you telling me a DVD of Ride Along isn't the best prize ever?

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
It was very disappointing. All the sth'ers sitting around us felt the same way. Other than a few players saying thanks it was no different than any other game - blaring music during stoppages in play and the t-shirt tosses.

I listened to a few games on XM yesterday and most all the play by play personell commented on what the teams were doing for their fans.

Panthers did squat!

zero chance I will be attending another draft party at BB&T center. It was terrible last year. Could not hear anything because the acoustics were awful. They couldn't have done a worse job with last years draft party

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
zero chance I will be attending another draft party at BB&T center. It was terrible last year. Could not hear anything because the acoustics were awful. They couldn't have done a worse job with last years draft party

new scoreboard now though

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida

Panthers did squat!

Thx PSL I just wanted to see if my perception was mine alone.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
i appreciated the 50% of at pantherland store. Got some great stuff. But then that reaches at another issue: why is it impossible to find any merchandise for this team anywhere in south florida?

So many things i would change if i were in charge of this team.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL

Agree with this. Also, after we made our pick with Barkov, it almost seemed as the rest of the Draft didn't matter and they turned off the sound. I did like the free food, locker room tours, and prize giveaways though.

CoolburnIsGone

Maybe not necessarily part of fan appreciation day but I attended the SSO relocation yesterday to move my seats and heard quite a few things from my rep & other fans:

1. One of the fans in the upper level that will be displaced by the tarping off of those seats said they emailed our new CEO, Rory Babich, and basically got a "we dont really care about you" response. The exact words she told me that was said, "what do you expect for $7/seat." She even thought to send a 2nd email thinking he misunderstood and gave him the benefit of the doubt, and got the same type of response. Doesnt sound like the new CEO really cares about the fans at all.

2. They won't be announcing any of the details of the new loyalty program until Sept 1st. I cant understand why they dont already know this info now and should be able to tell its core fans what benefit they are really getting.

3. For those of us that were SSO that are not renewing, the org has decided to really eliminate most of the ticket brokers from having tickets so the amount of tickets on site like StubHub (which was specifically said to me by my rep) are going to be drastically reduced. Just so people know that its apparently going to be harder to get cheaper tics like before.

Cant remember much else currently but I think the "fan appreciation" (regardless of the day) is definitely at a pretty low point right now.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Maybe not necessarily part of fan appreciation day but I attended the SSO relocation yesterday to move my seats and heard quite a few things from my rep & other fans:

1. One of the fans in the upper level that will be displaced by the tarping off of those seats said they emailed our new CEO, Rory Babich, and basically got a "we dont really care about you" response. The exact words she told me that was said, "what do you expect for $7/seat." She even thought to send a 2nd email thinking he misunderstood and gave him the benefit of the doubt, and got the same type of response. Doesnt sound like the new CEO really cares about the fans at all.

Sweet. Sounds like Michael Yormark 2.0!

2. They won't be announcing any of the details of the new loyalty program until Sept 1st. I cant understand why they dont already know this info now and should be able to tell its core fans what benefit they are really getting.

That's messed up

3. For those of us that were SSO that are not renewing, the org has decided to really eliminate most of the ticket brokers from having tickets so the amount of tickets on site like StubHub (which was specifically said to me by my rep) are going to be drastically reduced. Just so people know that its apparently going to be harder to get cheaper tics like before.

Ah, so even less people will enter the gates.
Cant remember much else currently but I think the "fan appreciation" (regardless of the day) is definitely at a pretty low point right now.

:shakehead

Panthersfan1989

Feb 24, 2013
S. Florida
I mean these guys Viola and co. were part of Yormarks brothers franchise in Jersey/Brooklyn right? I guess we will just have to wait and see but it looks like we are still stuck with a bunch of *******s. Honestly as a former SSH... The only way I buy season tickets is if we are good. I was never treated nice or felt like this franchise valued my SS ownership. I hope things on the hockey end turn around.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida

What i understand is the org. won't put unsold seats on the secondary market so yes they'll be less inventory.

There is NOTHING that they can do to stop the sth from putting their seats on stub hub so they'll be plenty of tickets to go around.

Jan 19, 2006
They can show appreciation by improving the abysmal state of the concessions.

Food quality has continued to decline to the point that it was nearly inedible at times this year.

I should also be able to get a decent beer without feeling like I was mugged.

CoolburnIsGone

What i understand is the org. won't put unsold seats on the secondary market so yes they'll be less inventory.

There is NOTHING that they can do to stop the sth from putting their seats on stub hub so they'll be plenty of tickets to go around.
I think you misunderstood what I'm talking about. They were talking about "ticket brokers" which are basically resellers who buy large blocks of tics for the sole purpose of putting them on the secondary market. They are trying to limit those companies from flooding sites like stubhub with cheap seats.

The STH will potentially benefit as they can sell on stubhub for good value and not get undercut by those ticket brokers. The non-STH are going to find it harder to get cheaper seats via those site as the supply is going to be drastically reduced.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida

I find this difficult to believe. It's inconsistant with the message we've been receiving from Viola and co. Babich is going to be contrary and rude in an email to a SSO? My boss is no where near the level of a CEO for a multimillion company like SSE and easily gets 1000 emails a day. Not to mention Babich has his hands in a lot of pots. He is going to take the time out of his day to say "what do you expect for $7/seat." I don't buy it.

Either the fan is disgruntled and misquoting the email (probably sent from "the office of Rory Babich and not Babich himself"). Or... they're just lying. Or... I don't know.

Don't you work for the previous ownership? I know you've been pretty down/skeptical of new ownership from day 1.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
I think you misunderstood what I'm talking about. They were talking about "ticket brokers" which are basically resellers who buy large blocks of tics for the sole purpose of putting them on the secondary market. They are trying to limit those companies from flooding sites like stubhub with cheap seats.

The STH will potentially benefit as they can sell on stubhub for good value and not get undercut by those ticket brokers. The non-STH are going to find it harder to get cheaper seats via those site as the supply is going to be drastically reduced.

actually we are saying the same thing.

Where do you think the ticket broker get the inventory of unsold tickets from for these large blocks? from the org. As I said in my post "What i understand is the org. won't put unsold seats on the secondary market so yes they'll be less inventory."

so what's my misunderstanding?

And im fine with the org. leaving the tickets for sale on the primary market. If there's high demand they will get sold thru box office / ticket master. If there is low demand then the sth's will undercut the "face value" the panthers attempt to sell them for, using their season's discount "vig".

Bottom line if they put a good product out there for once in a freaking lifetime, good on them; and if they don't they will eat thousands of primary tickets each game.

CoolburnIsGone

I find this difficult to believe. It's inconsistant with the message we've been receiving from Viola and co. Babich is going to be contrary and rude in an email to a SSO? My boss is no where near the level of a CEO for a multimillion company like SSE and easily gets 1000 emails a day. Not to mention Babich has his hands in a lot of pots. He is going to take the time out of his day to say "what do you expect for $7/seat." I don't buy it.

Either the fan is disgruntled and misquoting the email (probably sent from "the office of Rory Babich and not Babich himself"). Or... they're just lying. Or... I don't know.

Don't you work for the previous ownership? I know you've been pretty down/skeptical of new ownership from day 1.
Either way, this was that fan's comments, not my own. I dont see what the reason would be she would lie to me. She was standing there next to me while she was trying to move her seats just like I was doing. I never met her or knew her before so there was no bias from me or anything of my opinion in her comments. And if it was from "the office of..." instead of Babich himself, it doesnt matter as its still representing the organization. It was clear to that fan that the new regime doesnt really care about the STH's that its displacing based on her comments. And I remember now the 2nd email reply, she said it was something to the effect that her seats weren't desirable so thats why they were doing it. She told me, I guess they didnt care that they were desirable to ME, the paying customer. Again, not my bias in that at all...just sharing what another fan said.
actually we are saying the same thing.

Where do you think the ticket broker get the inventory of unsold tickets from for these large blocks? from the org. As I said in my post "What i understand is the org. won't put unsold seats on the secondary market so yes they'll be less inventory."

so what's my misunderstanding?

And im fine with the org. leaving the tickets for sale on the primary market. If there's high demand they will get sold thru box office / ticket master. If there is low demand then the sth's will undercut the "face value" the panthers attempt to sell them for, using their season's discount "vig".

Bottom line if they put a good product out there for once in a freaking lifetime, good on them; and if they don't they will eat thousands of primary tickets each game.
Oh the misunderstanding is that the ticket brokers are not going to be allowed to purchase blocks of season tickets like they were previously allowed to. Thats different from unsold inventory. Many of these ticket brokers would buyout entire rows as season tickets to get the reduced price and still resell them. I guess its also a combination of both of what we're saying. I just heard that they will prevent any ticket broker's from buying season tickets.

But yes the STH's will be able to undercut the price that the team is attempting to sell them for but the attendance figures will most likely be much lower. I guess thats why it made a lot of sense then to tarp off those seats in the upper deck. With the new seating capacity to be at something around 17,000, I think we're going to be lucky to show 12,000 in attendance for most games now myself.

NewEraPanther

#CatsAreComing
Apr 8, 2014
Miami
You would think at the end of the day, that the org would just care that the tickets are sold. Ticket broker or not.

Couldn't it be just a beginning in a change of organizational culture. Gotta start building value somewhere. Like I've said before it's been a long time since I've been in Florida or even made it to a game but maybe they are trying to re-instill value in the tickets. Last management left ticket value decimated by giving away seats for old lotto tickets. While it seems that it hurts "fan day" it could be also seen as the first steps in fixing the organization. I have high hopes that they will sign 5 FAs this offseason maybe I'm just too hopeful but its JMO

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
If the team is good, I have no issue paying closer to retail value.

If they are slightly better but not playoff bound, no way in hell would I pay close to face value.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00