did don cherry ever saying anything positive about Mats Sundin?

siegeofshanghai*

Since Sundin captained the Leafs for many seasons, I thought it would be interesting if Don Cherry actually said something positive about a Swedish player. But I can't find a single quote about Sundin though.

Did Cherry hate Sundin?

leafers

Oct 2, 2006
Since Sundin captained the Leafs for many seasons, I thought it would be interesting if Don Cherry actually said something positive about a Swedish player. But I can't find a single quote about Sundin though.

Did Cherry hate Sundin?

He said plenty of good things.

Complimented his skill and leadership on a few occasions.

number72

Oct 9, 2011

Did Cherry hate Sundin?

Yes and he does talk kindly about Alfie the clown.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
He hated the trade initially and disliked Sundin for a number of years, but in the end he came around to respect him. He was certainly never one of Cherry's favorites, but he recognized him on numerous occasions for being a class act and the Leafs best player.

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008

Did Cherry hate Sundin?

Herd Cherry rip into Karlsson didn't you?;)

I remember when this market from the media to the knowledgeable fans of LeafNation were blasting Sundin the same way we're currently treating Dion Phaneuf Cherry during his coaches corner segment went off at that nonsense... calling Sundin a horse of a player and took shots at the mighty Quinn for playing him only 18 min of TOI that if it were him he'd be playing Sundin in the 22 min TOI range...

Kyle Doobas*

I remember him standing up for Sundin and praising his leadership when the media was giving him ****, as they often did right up until he was gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad