Did CBJ give Panthers permission to negotiate with Bread and Bob?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Methinks this is wishful thinking BS. Unless and until I see a confirmed trading of rights.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I'd really like to know how this "tampering" works.

Players sign on July 1 all the time. Do the agents and teams magically come to precise agreement in hours?

I don't even think that it should be considered tampering once the playoffs are over. Players who are UFA should be able to negotiate freely. Which I think that they do anyway:laugh:

Reactions: CPTN71

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'd really like to know how this "tampering" works.

Players sign on July 1 all the time. Do the agents and teams magically come to precise agreement in hours?

I don't even think that it should be considered tampering once the playoffs are over. Players who are UFA should be able to negotiate freely. Which I think that they do anyway:laugh:
There is an official pre-negotiating period prior to July 1. But it hasn't started yet; it starts on June 23.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
There is an official pre-negotiating period prior to July 1. But it hasn't started yet; it starts on June 23.

Makes sense. But I still don't see why they can't start negotiating immediately after the playoffs end. I guess that players contracts run through June 30th so they are technically still employees of the team on whom they played in the season just concluded.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Convenient deflection. They are negotiating through you. Fess up. Spy. Traitor.

giphy-3.gif

Last edited:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I don't really care all that much. Neither are likely to stay with us, so I've already moved on. Florida has been a rumor, one that makes some sense as well. I really don't want Bob back, but if we somehow manage to get Panarin back in the mix I'd be quite happy.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Im so tired of this saga.

They are gone and the road ahead isnt empty for CBJ.

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Ehh, IF there's tampering it isn't right. Levy fines, give us a pick or whatever. I doubt the whole thing but hey, if it's wrong gives us recompense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad