did anyone see mcdonagh crying during the celebrations?

sawchuk1971

Jun 16, 2011
don't know if someone saw it.....when the players were hugging after the final seconds were over, i saw mcdonagh crying in the crowd...

i guess he knows this might be the last time hes gonna be with the lightning, knowing that he may not be protected in this seattle kraken expansion draft....

wished the bolts would keep him and let sergachev go...

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
Hard to say what Tampa's going to do, but I'd bet they make a big effort to keep McDonagh. I'd expect several forwards to be moved before he does.

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
don't know if someone saw it.....when the players were hugging after the final seconds were over, i saw mcdonagh crying in the crowd...

i guess he knows this might be the last time hes gonna be with the lightning, knowing that he may not be protected in this seattle kraken expansion draft....

Let's not please :(

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Vasilevskiy is the undisputed Conn Smythe winner, but McD was my personal MVP, even before Kucherov. This playoffs run was peak performance from an elite defenseman, only good things happened for Tampa when he was on the ice.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Picklepete

Jun 5, 2002
Tampa
Visit site

That is beyond hilarious !
No way is Sergey not being protected.. Get real.
P.s. - Thx Montreal for that trade..

meatwad4343

Apr 19, 2018
Tampa
He's not going anywhere, one of the forwards will get moved first. He was the best dman on our team in the playoffs and we probably don't win the cup without him.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Maybe he was crying because he knows other players will be moved? They just went through a gauntlet to win 16 hockey games together, and other than the parade this may be the last time he gets to be with them all at once. Players are going to be leaving the team, whether it is him or others. It sucks to have to say goodbye to people who you consider a type of family.

Sgt Schultz

Jun 30, 2019
Santa Fe, NM
I was crying too, and I'm not being moved.

I get it. I'm a Blues fan, have Game 7 of the 2019 SCFs on the Tivo, and to this day I get a lump in my throat when the clock runs down to 12 or so seconds and Emrick says "and the Blues on the bench are realizing that they are going to be champions." I've lived in places whose NFL team won a Super Bowl, lived in a couple of cities whose MLB team won the World Series (including St. Louis), but none of those things caused me to have that sort of emotional reaction.

There is something about the Stanley Cup.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Maybe he was crying because he knows other players will be moved? They just went through a gauntlet to win 16 hockey games together, and other than the parade this may be the last time he gets to be with them all at once. Players are going to be leaving the team, whether it is him or others. It sucks to have to say goodbye to people who you consider a type of family.
It's also gonna be a quicker turnaround than usual. Rough.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Vasilevskiy is the undisputed Conn Smythe winner, but McD was my personal MVP, even before Kucherov. This playoffs run was peak performance from an elite defenseman, only good things happened for Tampa when he was on the ice.
I don't get to watch him a lot, but I saw the game 5 I think vs the Isles where Pulock stopped that shot at the buzzer...I was like I didn't think McDonagh had that type of offensive creativity in him. Turns out he does. Dude was a menace vs the Habs. Didn't think he had that type of offensive insticts.

Reactions: Volodya Krutov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad