Diablo II thread.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Been a while but I would love to start playing again!

Been a big Diablo fan for years and used to have giant lan parties playing II.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I've gone back a few different times over the years but whenever I get to the end game I get bored again. I've already had the builds 100000000 times so there isn't much exciting for me there. If they remade it I would've gone back for sure.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I find the game just too laggy to play effectively online. Especially a melee character.

I went back to it about a year or so ago and actually played single player. It was surprisingly rewarding. I had never played the game through completely solo. Used 2 add-ons to make the single player experience a bit easier. One was unlimited stash space which could be shared between your single player characters. The other was to have the "Diablo Walks the Earth" event randomly occur in game without having to sell SOJs (let's be honest, I wasn't going to find enough). I was trying to complete the Holy Grail challenge which was to find every unique/set item in the game. I eventually burned out long before I got close to completing the challenge but I had a lot of fun getting there. Ended up with a ~90 Sorc and a ~80 Paladin (for uber tristram).

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I've gone back a few different times over the years but whenever I get to the end game I get bored again. I've already had the builds 100000000 times so there isn't much exciting for me there. If they remade it I would've gone back for sure.
Thats weird, as I love the end game. Mfing, PVP, levelling slowly, ubers, I just find it really rewarding.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I find the game just too laggy to play effectively online. Especially a melee character.

I went back to it about a year or so ago and actually played single player. It was surprisingly rewarding. I had never played the game through completely solo. Used 2 add-ons to make the single player experience a bit easier. One was unlimited stash space which could be shared between your single player characters. The other was to have the "Diablo Walks the Earth" event randomly occur in game without having to sell SOJs (let's be honest, I wasn't going to find enough). I was trying to complete the Holy Grail challenge which was to find every unique/set item in the game. I eventually burned out long before I got close to completing the challenge but I had a lot of fun getting there. Ended up with a ~90 Sorc and a ~80 Paladin (for uber tristram).

Yeah plugy is fun, really fun, even. They also have new mods like POD or Slash that is online, but thats for nerdz. :sarcasm:

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
there was a rumor for awhile that blizzard was gonna remake D2

shame that seems to have fallen through the cracks. one of my favorites of all time

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
there was a rumor for awhile that blizzard was gonna remake D2

shame that seems to have fallen through the cracks. one of my favorites of all time
IIRC, they took that and turned it into Diablo IV and judging by what we have seen so far from Diablo IV, it doesn't seem to be that far fetched either.

I do agree that a remake would have been spectacular.

I usually do a run every spring. Don't see why this year would be any different. If anyone is still playing I'll let you know then.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
I'd consider playing again, with 4 still down the road a bit yet.

It's my favourite game, haven't touched it in years though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad