Diablo 2: Resurrected - Release 9/23 - Open Beta on 8/20

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Since D2 was before my time, what made it so much better than D3?

Honestly? A bit of everything. I felt as if D3 lacked imagination, customization, etc. It lacked the addictive feel that made D2 such an amazing game. It was boring. This coming from someone who purchased D3 on day 1 and even again years later on the switch.

Honestly ... D2 is a great game and I can't wait to play the remaster ... but there is a ton of nostalgic circle jerking when it comes to that game (and any old school classic really). D2 compared to D3 at launch, definitely leaps and bounds better. D2 compared to D3 today, it's not so clear cut.

I disagree. While D3 has definitely made major strides compared to where the game started, I still just don't find it nearly as enjoyable or fun. I mean, the PVP in Diablo 3 is atrocious.

Diablo 3 is a fun game to play through.

Diablo 2 is a fun game to play through and then keep playing.

Just my 2c.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
News is that the Ladder won't be available at launch, so what's the point of playing multiplayer at launch? Not sure why that won't be worked out before the release of the game. Also, I think the Beta starts today for anyone with a pre-order.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
News is that the Ladder won't be available at launch, so what's the point of playing multiplayer at launch? Not sure why that won't be worked out before the release of the game. Also, I think the Beta starts today for anyone with a pre-order.
Ohhhh I’m definitely going to hit that pre-order then. I can’t wait to play this. I loved D3 and apparently this is even better.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
playing the beta. started a sorceress, loving the new lighting and spell effects. everything looks great so far.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Hey guys, I have a question. I’m playing the beta and am very early(like level 5). I have two different skills that I’d like to use pretty frequently, but can’t figure out how to equip both at once, or if that’s even possible. I’ve bound the skills to 2 and 3, but neither activate unless I right click. Is there a way to make them activate with just the number press? Thanks in advance.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
playing the beta. started a sorceress, loving the new lighting and spell effects. everything looks great so far.

I just finished the Beta with my Sorceress, the lighting is pretty great. I had some issues with buggy doors, the audio would sound like an enemy was right nearby but he was a million miles away, and the chat was completely messed up for me.

Hey guys, I have a question. I’m playing the beta and am very early(like level 5). I have two different skills that I’d like to use pretty frequently, but can’t figure out how to equip both at once, or if that’s even possible. I’ve bound the skills to 2 and 3, but neither activate unless I right click. Is there a way to make them activate with just the number press? Thanks in advance.

What character and abilities? There is no way to activate an ability without clicking, so if it's a shout or something, you need to do that before you engage. You can change your primary attack to be a spell though. For example, on my sorceress I use Fireball as my primary attack (so I can't melee at all) and I use teleport as my secondary (right click). You can hold shift+click to attack without a specific target as well, which is good for spamming doorways and whatnot with certain types of abilities.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Full game going to allow us to create gamenames? for Baal runs and other stuff?
also why cant I type messages to friends. I really hope these features wont be missing
one big reason why D2 was so amazing they cant just get rid of that.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
What you should do is look up a character build and use your skills on the right things.
if you spread out ur skill points too much u will almost be forced to start a new character at some point

and sorry I have no clue how to do that either. I got disappointed a few things were missing and turned it off will get into it big time once its fully released.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Full game going to allow us to create gamenames? for Baal runs and other stuff?
also why cant I type messages to friends. I really hope these features wont be missing
one big reason why D2 was so amazing they cant just get rid of that.

You can currently create game names if you go to the lobby before playing. There's an option on the righthand side. The beta stops after Act 2 so there aren't any runs happening right now, except for Tristram (not really sure why anyone is bothering though).

The chat is completely bugged out and isn't working properly. It will be fixed before the release.

What you should do is look up a character build and use your skills on the right things.
if you spread out ur skill points too much u will almost be forced to start a new character at some point

and sorry I have no clue how to do that either. I got disappointed a few things were missing and turned it off will get into it big time once its fully released.

You can reset your skill tree a few times in the game these days. I think it's once per difficulty level. So you can use one build that might be more sustainable early on and then switch to something else when you get the appropriate gear.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
You can currently create game names if you go to the lobby before playing. There's an option on the righthand side. The beta stops after Act 2 so there aren't any runs happening right now, except for Tristram (not really sure why anyone is bothering though).

The chat is completely bugged out and isn't working properly. It will be fixed before the release.

You can reset your skill tree a few times in the game these days. I think it's once per difficulty level. So you can use one build that might be more sustainable early on and then switch to something else when you get the appropriate gear.
where is the lobby?
I only have the options to
Play
Options
Cinematics
when I click onto Play
Play, Friends List, Ladder
Private, Party Finder
Private starts game right away
Party Finder
Other then Square to join game
and thats it

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
where is the lobby?
I only have the options to
Play
Options
Cinematics
when I click onto Play
Play, Friends List, Ladder
Private, Party Finder
Private starts game right away
Party Finder
Other then Square to join game
and thats it

Given the list you provided I'd say online is likely where it is. Can't remember though, I'll see if I can get a screenshot or a video showing it tomorrow.

The whole UI is a little clunky at the moment and I hope they clean it up before launch.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto

you can also farm the bosses for components to create a cubed item that can reset your skill points.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Given the list you provided I'd say online is likely where it is. Can't remember though, I'll see if I can get a screenshot or a video showing it tomorrow.

The whole UI is a little clunky at the moment and I hope they clean it up before launch.
as far as I can tell when I click on Online it does nothing it's just if u want to play online or offline.
cant click on offline right now.
as long as we can name games at full release
Hell be nice if we can hook up keyboard and mouse like I seen on cod before I deleted it.
will be very disappointing if it is missing some features, might just be better playing the original on my computer over the remake.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
as far as I can tell when I click on Online it does nothing it's just if u want to play online or offline.
Hell be nice if we can hook up keyboard and mouse like I seen on cod before I deleted it.
will be very disappointing if it is missing some features, might just be better playing the original on my computer over the remake.

Ohh, I'm sorry, I thought you were playing on PC, not sure about consoles.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

That is how it will be for console players I believe. That is how it was for D3 on consoles. I think it is monumentally stupid but... It is what it is. You will be able to easily join games with friends and stuff but creating, naming and joining random games from a named game list like the original is unlikely. With that being said...

It is an entirely different UI for PC players, very reminiscent of the original D2 UI. If you don't like the console experience just buy it on PC instead.

Look at 51 seconds to around the 2 minute mark.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

What kind of abilities are you talking about? Something like shiver armor on the sorc? You have to cast it before it is active.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
What kind of abilities are you talking about? Something like shiver armor on the sorc? You have to cast it before it is active.

Doesn't everything? Maybe Paladin auras aren't activated by casting but I can't think of anything else that is.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
That is how it will be for console players I believe. That is how it was for D3 on consoles. I think it is monumentally stupid but... It is what it is. You will be able to easily join games with friends and stuff but creating, naming and joining random games from a named game list like the original is unlikely. With that being said...

It is an entirely different UI for PC players, very reminiscent of the original D2 UI. If you don't like the console experience just buy it on PC instead.

Look at 51 seconds to around the 2 minute mark.

I have it on PC still installed. lol without those addons playing on console is pointless and I already preordered it anyways so seems like a major waste of money now

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
looks like I should contact Sony and try to get my money back for D2.

Yeah. You can with ease. Tbh, I'd just reorder it on PC. The old game feels borderline unplayable after spending 10+ hours on the Beta this weekend.

This might seem a bit extreme but I am ordering it for PS5, Switch and PC. Going to have plenty of time off coming up soon with our second child being born. A lot of late, sleepless nights :laugh:

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Yeah. You can with ease. Tbh, I'd just reorder it on PC. The old game feels borderline unplayable after spending 10+ hours on the Beta this weekend.

This might seem a bit extreme but I am ordering it for PS5, Switch and PC. Going to have plenty of time off coming up soon with our second child being born. A lot of late, sleepless nights :laugh:
my PC is pretty old now I dont think it could support this lol.
I know the console version is going to be missing them. D2 is going to be a major piece of junk on console I just know it
I tried to go on Blizzard and talk to them they told me to go on the forum
but apparently I cant post because I didnt buy D2..... but I did and my PS account is linked to Blizzard so I give up lol
prob not gnna ask for my money back.

I mean without the ability to name games or join others created games we lose trading, PVP for the most part, MF, Power Lvling, Baal, Meph, Diablo, Cow runs.
not being able to chat with others is a freaking disgrace.

Basically game breaking. going to roll the dice and hope they don't exclude this

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
my PC is pretty old now I dont think it could support this lol.
I know the console version is going to be missing them. D2 is going to be a major piece of junk on console I just know it
I tried to go on Blizzard and talk to them they told me to go on the forum
but apparently I cant post because I didnt buy D2..... but I did and my PS account is linked to Blizzard so I give up lol
prob not gnna ask for my money back.

I mean without the ability to name games or join others created games we lose trading, PVP for the most part, MF, Power Lvling, Baal, Meph, Diablo, Cow runs.
not being able to chat with others is a freaking disgrace.

Basically game breaking. going to roll the dice and hope they don't exclude this

I'd be a little surprised if it wasn't addressed at all. Why go through the trouble of porting it to the consoles if you're going to half ass it?

Obvious answer is money, but if you piss a lot of people off that's not good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad