Rumor: Dhaliwal- Canucks interested in Jordan Greenway

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Buffalo's HC lobbied to get Greenway and he's been regularly part of their best forechecking line, regardless of if it is with Mittelstadt and Benson or with Cozens and Thompson. Add in his very noticeable contributions to improving their PK and the relative economy of his deal... that's likely gunna be a no.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I want to see* if Girgensons can wake up with a change of scenary. Canucks have a couple of Latvians in the system too (Bluegers, Silovs)

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Buffalo's HC lobbied to get Greenway and he's been regularly part of their best forechecking line, regardless of if it is with Mittelstadt and Benson or with Cozens and Thompson. Add in his very noticeable contributions to improving their PK and the relative economy of his deal... that's likely gunna be a no.

His size and PK ability is likely what is attracting the Canucks most. I agree, I dont think Sabres will move him but the Canucks will definiely be calling.

Might be dangling someone like Podkilzin as well. who knows.

Their best assets will likely be reserved for a top 6 forward or top 4 Dman but Sabres can still get some nice pieces from the Canucks if they did decide to move Greenway.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
His size and PK ability is likely what is attracting the Canucks most. I agree, I dont think Sabres will move him but the Canucks will definiely be calling.

Their best assets will likely be reserved for a top 6 forward or top 4 Dman but Sabres can still get some nice pieces from the Canucks if they did decide to move Greenway.

Yeah, not an indictment of possible offers from Vancouver, just one of those things where the fit isn't great since the Sabres don't seem like they need to move him. That makes valuation difficult since the practical part of the return (what did he just go for when he was struggling in Minnesota) vs. what would make the Sabres take note of an offer now (too rich IMO for the Canucks to make that sort of offer given other roster wants).

I'm expecting the Canucks to go shopping and I keep coming back to the Kraken as a possible roster rental situation. If Greenway were to fall off or somehow fall out of favor, I'm sure they would probably come back around to the idea of moving him and probably for something similar to what they paid Minnesota.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

that's why they acquired him.

Podkilzin does nothing. Buffalo has prospect wingers up the wazoo who are younger than him In Quinn, Peterka, Savoie, kulich, Ostlund, Brnson, poltapov, Wahlberg.

other than Willander, there isn’t much I’d be asking for from Vancouver.

Reactions: KrakenSabresMike

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
that's why they acquired him.

Podkilzin does nothing. Buffalo has prospect wingers up the wazoo who are younger than him In Quinn, Peterka, Savoie, kulich, Ostlund, Brnson, poltapov, Wahlberg.

other than Willander, there isn’t much I’d be asking for from Vancouver.

You wouldnt ask for the current WJC MVP (Lekkerimaki) or a young right shot Dman who leads the OHL scoring ( Brustewicz) for Greenway?

Greenway's value must have skyrocketed since last year where he was traded for a 2nd and 5th.

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
You wouldnt ask for the current WJC MVP (Lekkerimaki) or a young right shot Dman who leads the OHL scoring ( Brustewicz) for Greenway?

Greenway's value must have skyrocketed since last year where he was traded for a 2nd and 5th.
He is more valuable than a two and a five that he has treated for last year. That was his value when he was down. Right now, I don’t think the Sabres would accept less than the first round pick for him or an equivalent prospect because they’re not looking to get draft picks back they’re looking to win. So unless you can give us some thing that will be parlayed into a trade that will help us immediately to do that or way overpay, it’s not going to happen. He’s actually much more of the player that we hoped he would be then the one we traded for initially when we got them.

Also, no offense, but the article shows me that the writer knows nothing about the Buffalo Sabres. He’s anything but an expendable piece on their team and he has a contract through next year. Why would they be wanting to trade him if they think he is a part of their team. also, until the they are offucially officially out of it, they are not selling off pieces anytime soon…

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
He is more valuable than a two and a five that he has treated for last year. That was his value when he was down. Right now, I don’t think the Sabres would accept less than the first round pick for him or an equivalent prospect because they’re not looking to get draft picks back they’re looking to win. So unless you can give us some thing that will be parlayed into a trade that will help us immediately to do that or way overpay, it’s not going to happen. He’s actually much more of the player that we hoped he would be then the one we traded for initially when we got them.

Help now players that i feel are available are Kuzmenko and Hoglander, Myers.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
In spite of what he brings, I wouldn't give more then a mid round pick up for him. I'm sure he'd fetch more, and by no means want to say he's only worth that, but we are up to our gills in bottom six players, guys that were meant to help our PK and even size in some of our younger guys.

Plus cap wise, we are cooked until Kuzmenko, Myers or someone is moved out.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I can definitely see why. He's big, he can be physical when he feels like it. He's pretty fast. That's an element that is lacking in the Canucks roster right now.

Kind of curious after the way he departed Minnesota, that they'd have enough confidence in their room to take on a potential "problem child". But i guess that speaks to the way they've calmed whatever mess they had in the room. Also, winning cures all.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Buffalo has Ostlund ( his center), Benson, Savoie, Kulich, Peterka, Quinn, and others.

buffalo doesn’t need a one dimensional PMD.

Help now players that i feel are available are Kuzmenko and Hoglander, Myers.
No interest in any of them.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I can definitely see why. He's big, he can be physical when he feels like it. He's pretty fast. That's an element that is lacking in the Canucks roster right now.

Kind of curious after the way he departed Minnesota, that they'd have enough confidence in their room to take on a potential "problem child". But i guess that speaks to the way they've calmed whatever mess they had in the room. Also, winning cures all.
He came out of team UUSa development camp and knew Granato.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
where greenway has another year left this seems more likely an offseason move.

what would buffalo even want. they could use a goalie but that doesnt seem like a fit.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
It's funny I had Greenway on my radar the year the Canucks drafted Boeser. Greenway sorta "fell" to the 2nd round (it was a deep draft) and I'm certainly happy the Canucks drafted Boeser. It would be nice to have both!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad