Dhabs98 GM game v3.0-Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Both of you be quiet, there were two other deals he would've signed before I would've considered yours (pucker and avs)
And I am complaining as well...I told you I could have upped my offer, and my team is better than his now.

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
Both of you be quiet, there were two other deals he would've signed before I would've considered yours (pucker and avs)

Haha Im not being a sour loser, Im just stating a fact. Signing a player for $11,000,000 a year is borderline insanity!

In Reality, Parise will earn between $6-$8 mil (probably closer to $8) so my offers were all in line with a real offer for him. I have no problem losing him so someone who wants to spend that kind of money on him.

As for the Lundqvist comment, you said they are a Stanley cup contender when he pretty much traded away all his core players minus Henrik, Richards, and Callahan. His Defense has vanished and in my opinion he doesnt have much to show for it except for the cap space to sign Parise.

NYR I am in no way mocking you I am just saying I have a different philosphy. You signed the player you wanted and for that congrats I just think thats a lot of money for a single player.

Gaborikthebeast

Always Blame the Zebras
Feb 16, 2010
Haha Im not being a sour loser, Im just stating a fact. Signing a player for $11,000,000 a year is borderline insanity!

In Reality, Parise will earn between $6-$8 mil (probably closer to $8) so my offers were all in line with a real offer for him. I have no problem losing him so someone who wants to spend that kind of money on him.

As for the Lundqvist comment, you said they are a Stanley cup contender when he pretty much traded away all his core players minus Henrik, Richards, and Callahan. His Defense has vanished and in my opinion he doesnt have much to show for it except for the cap space to sign Parise.

NYR I am in no way mocking you I am just saying I have a different philosphy. You signed the player you wanted and for that congrats I just think thats a lot of money for a single player.

I understand and respect it

Gaborikthebeast

Always Blame the Zebras
Feb 16, 2010
This is his D..have fun Lundqvist:
Brian Lee ($1.000m) / Dan Girardi (3.325m)
Cam Barker ($1.250m) / Justin Falk ($1.000m)
Colten Teubert ($0.917m) / Stu Bickel ($1.000m)

this is incorrect info i have no Teubert he is in Minors and Gilroy is there:
Cam Barker ($1.250m) / Matt Gilroy ($1.600m)
Justin Falk ($1.000m)/ Stu Bickel ($1.000m)

Avs44

May 16, 2011
this is incorrect info i have no Teubert he is in Minors and Gilroy is there:
Cam Barker ($1.250m) / Matt Gilroy ($1.600m)
Justin Falk ($1.000m)/ Stu Bickel ($1.000m)

I copied and pasted that straight from your roster...blame yourself for that mistake.

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Holy **** your all being annoying, you didn't get him. Sorry

You know I was never in the running, but what everyone is saying is true. Additionally, he did do a sign and trade. I do not understand this at all. No one does.

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Just so you're all aware, I signed Justin Schultz to a maxed ELC.

The future is getting brighter in Pittsburgh.

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
:bruins

Sign Paul Gaustad to. 2 year, $5,000m contract. Cap hit is $2.5 a season.

Very happy to bring in the former Predator and rival from the Sabres. Gaustad will boost my depth at center, and adds just a little more piss and vinegar to our line up. Another excellent PK guy, and is a great face off man. Hopefully Lucic can teach him a thing or two about fighting ;)

Projected line up 2012-2013

Forward

Milan Lucic - Tyler Seguin - Rick Nash
Mikkel Boedker - Patrice Bergeron - Nathan Horton
Derek Dorsett - Paul Gaustad - Rich Peverley
Daniel Pallie - Gregory Campbell - Shawn Thornton

Good blend of size, speed, and skill. Hopefully improved our PP adding Rick Nash and Mikkel Boedker. I'm very happy with that third line as well. Just a hard working, hard hitting, chippy line that can contribute.

Defense

Zdeno Chara - Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Dennis Seidenberg - Dougie Hamilton
Andrew Ference - Adam McQuaid

Extremely happy to have acquired OEL. He brings a new element to our back end. Moves the puck extremely well, solid in his own end, and is already a top pairing defenseman at 20 years old. Excited for our other young blue chipper, Dougie Hamilton to make his NHL debut. He will hopefully be the quarterback of our power play for the next decade. Surrounded by strong veteran D-men, he should have a smooth transition to becoming an NHL regular.

Goaltending

Tim Thomas
Steve Mason

Well, this could make or break a successful tenure as GM of the Boston Bruins. It was extremely difficult to trade away potenial star Tuukka Rask. But in the end, the offers we received for Tim Thomas were downright dreadful. A decision had to be made and we had the opportunity to make a major acquisition, and we did so in Rick Nash. We felt that moving forward, it will be better to continue with Tim Thomas, who is only a year removed from one of the greatest goaltending years in NHL history. Tim should be able to play at a high level for at least a few more years. Steve Mason is a very intriguing player. He stormed out of the gates in his NHL career, capturing a Calder trophy and being anointed one of the best young goalies in the NHL. Since then, his career and play have had their share of downs. He will play arounA 30-35 games this year so we need him to re-gathat he skill and confidence he had when he broke into the league. and seeing as how the best pure defenseman in the NHL will be playing in front of him, it could very well happen.

I'm basically done my team. Might sign another depth winger and defenseman. Although I will listen to all trade offers ;)

Last edited:

AccuracyFive

87SidGeno71
May 16, 2012
:bruins

Sign Paul Gaustad to. 2 year, $5,000m contract. Cap hit is $2.5 a season.

Very happy to bring in the former Predator and rival from the Sabres. Gaustad will boost my depth at center, and adds just a little more piss and vinegar to our line up. Another excellent PK guy, and is a great face off man. Hopefully Lucic can teach him a thing or two about fighting ;)

Projected line up 2012-2013

Forward

Milan Lucic - Tyler Seguin - Rick Nash
Mikkel Boedker - Patrice Bergeron - Nathan Horton
Derek Dorsett - Paul Gaustad - Rich Peverley
Daniel Pallie - Gregory Campbell - Shawn Thornton

Good blend of size, speed, and skill. Hopefully improved our PP adding Rick Nash and Mikkel Boedker. I'm very happy with that third line as well. Just a hard working, hard hitting, chippy line that can contribute.

Defense

Zdeno Chara - Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Dennis Seidenberg - Dougie Hamilton
Andrew Ference - Adam McQuaid

Extremely happy to have acquired OEL. He brings a new element to our back end. Moves the puck extremely well, solid in his own end, and is already a top pairing defenseman at 20 years old. Excited for our other young blue chipper, Dougie Hamilton to make his NHL debut. He will hopefully be the quarterback of our power play for the next decade. Surrounded by strong veteran D-men, he should have a smooth transition to becoming an NHL regular.

Goaltending

Tim Thomas
Steve Mason

Well, this could make or break a successful tenure as GM of the Boston Bruins. It was extremely difficult to trade away potenial star Tuukka Rask. But in the end, the offers we received for Tim Thomas were downright dreadful. A decision had to be made and we had the opportunity to make a major acquisition, and we did so in Rick Nash. We felt that moving forward, it will be better to continue with Tim Thomas, who is only a year removed from one of the greatest goaltending years in NHL history. Tim should be able to play at a high level for at least a few more years. Steve Mason is a very intriguing player. He stormed out of the gates in his NHL career, capturing a Calder trophy and being anointed one of the best young goalies in the NHL. Since then, his career and play have had their share of downs. He will play arounA 30-35 games this year so we need him to re-gathat he skill and confidence he had when he broke into the league. and seeing as how the best pure defenseman in the NHL will be playing in front of him, it could very well happen.

I'm basically done my team. Might sign another depth winger and defenseman. Although I will listen to all trade offers ;)

Man, that defensive core looks scary.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
JP, :habs have sent you an offer for an RFA two days ago, and the list still has not been updated. Please update it, thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad