Dhabs98 GM Game v1.7 - Sign Up & Discussion (6 spots available) ‎

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
:nhl
D habs98 GM Game v1.7
To play please state your interest belowYou MUST be active to play this game, if you prove to be inactive you could be fired at any time.
[fieldset="Jobs"][/fieldset]

[fieldset="League Schedule"]
  • Game Start: 8/30/16
  • Trading Deadline: 9/4/16 12:00pm EST
  • Standings Voting:
  • Entry Draft:
  • Rebuilder Playoffs
  • Stanley Cup Finals:

All times are EST and are subject to change
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Salary Cap"]
  • $73,000,000M and Cap Floor $54,800,000M
  • All teams MUST be under the cap by the end of trade deadline day
  • Cap checks will happen randomly throughout the game so make sure you are under. There will be a punishment given if you go over the cap come the Trade Deadline.
  • To figure out your cap there is several links to good websites located here
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Waivers"]
  • If you'd like to place a player on waivers, post in this thread along with the player's contract information.
  • To save time and avoid confusion and complications, waivers will be "first come, first serve". Whoever puts in a claim first will get the player.
  • If you claim a player and he puts you over the cap, it will be vetoed and the said player will be put back on the waiver wire.
  • Teams will have 12 hours to claim a player off the wire before he clears.
  • GMs can only claim 3 players off waivers at a time (for example claiming 6 players at once will not count)
  • If a player clears 900K of his cap hit will be off your cap
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Trades"]
  • Trades don't need to be sent in.
  • The league has the right to reject any trade within 24 hours of it being posted.
  • When a deal is deemed too lopsided or one sided the deal will be put on hold. The GMs involved in the deal will be asked to revise it. After which the league will hold a meeting with the GMs involved and will approve or deny the change. The role of the league office is not to make the deal fair but to make it less one sided.
  • You must post a roster full of team info before being allowed to trade
  • Any move deemed suspicious by the league will be vetoed.
  • Once a trade is vetoed it must be sent in and approved by 2/3 members of the league office.
  • 3 way trades must include a breakdown on the trade.
  • Keep in mind that any deal the League thinks is outrageous can and will be vetoed, so don't pull anything stupid.
  • If a deal is vetoed, you won't be able to make the exact deal again.
  • You may only retain a max of 50% of a player's cap
  • Players can not have more than 50% of their contract retained, so for example if you have a player whose contract is already 50% cap retained you cannot trade that player and retain the other 50% of their cap making the new cap hit $0 another team.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Agents"][/fieldset]

[fieldset="Re-signings and signings"]
  • Once you sign a UFA they can not be traded from your team, RFAs signed or unsigned can be traded.
  • To re-sign a player on your team, PM the respective agents for your RFA's,
  • Don't skimp out on an offer, if you make a terrible offer the player may not re-sign with you at all.
  • Not all players will re-sign, in fact, the majority will probably test free agency.
  • Just because you made the first, or highest, offer for a player during free agency does NOT mean he will sign with you. Many factors go into a player signing so nothing is a sure thing.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Other Rules"]
  • Inactivity will not be accepted. If you have just one post in the thread one day before the deadline, you will be fired.
  • You MUST keep your roster and Trading block Update
  • Posting in the thread doesn't necissarily mean you will get the job you wanted. Post the team you want and the job you want and I will determine who gets the jobs.
  • Not keeping your roster updated is considered a sign of inactivity and if your roster is found to be significantly out of date then you will be fired .
  • If you are not active for longer then 36 hours without giving notice you will risk being fired
  • If a player is out for the season due to injury, he can't be added to your roster and won't count against your cap. If he's injured but not expected to be out for the rest of the season, he's in play and still counts.
  • If you have any questions regarding the game or how it works, feel free to ask me.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Western Conference"][/fieldset]

[fieldset="Eastern Conference"][/fieldset]

Last edited:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

Hello everyone,

Just a few matters to address, donut and SJSharks39 have been named co-commissioner. I am happy to add the experience and skill of donut and SJSharks39 in the league office. I am looking for a UFA agent and RFA agent, if you are interested please send me a PM. We have 13 spots available and I am hoping to have at least 2/3 of the league filled by tomorrow, if you know anyone interested in GM games feel free to tell them about this game.

There will be a team draft which will occur tomorrow night at 9pm EST, the draft order will be made and released at that time. Each GM has 5 minutes to pick their team, those who over their time limit will be skipped and can pick their team later. GMs are responsible for being online at this time, don't expect PMs alerting you of your pick,

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I may not be online at that time due to Hawaii. I do check every couple of hours though. Can I defer to sjs to pick my team?

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I'm out for most of the day today but I can either post the draft order at 8:30 or we could just do the draft tomorrow evening.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Could we have someone else post the draft order early?

I think waiting another day would be pretty bad for activity, and creating the draft order is a pretty trivial task.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Could we have someone else post the draft order early?

I think waiting another day would be pretty bad for activity, and creating the draft order is a pretty trivial task.

The problem I have with that is by posting a order it would turn off new members from joining before the draft. I can post the order around 2pm when I have free time and for anyone who wants to join I'll just add them to the order by placing them at the end of the order.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
So far we have 20 participants, draft order will be posted around 2pm EST, draft will be at 9pm EST, please send in a list if you don't think you will be online then.

donghabs98
SJSharks39
donut
Scholarships
Just Do It
Paneerboy
Zemgus26
Tryamkin
Dabeast
PredsForPresident
Joey Moss
Koivu777
OB5
RememberTheName
Retinalz
NH57
PaulBissonette
K2B
ujju2
LT

Last edited:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Team Draft Order

1. Paneerboy
2. Dabeast
3.donghabs98
4. Just Do It
5. Zemgus26
6. Koivu777
7. PredsForPresident
8. PaulBissonette
9. LT
10. Tryamkin
11. OB5
12. K2B
13. Retinalz
14. donut
15. Scholarships
16. RememberTheName
17. Joey Moss
18. NH57
19. SJSharks39
20. ujju2

Team Draft will be at 9pm EST, each GM gets 5 minutes per pick, please send in a list if you don't think you will be online.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan

I've decided to take my talents to Montreal and join the current greatest GM to ever live, Ding Dong.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Damn, was hoping to get the Habbies..doubt they will be available at 11

Dabeast

Jun 13, 2014
South Florida
:edmonton would like to announce that we are building a full Scandinavian side. We want Swedes+Finns+Eller+Ehl​ers+Zucc+Bodeker+F. Andersen+Hansen+Nielsen+Bjorkstrand+Nicklas Jensen.

players OTB include:
Connor "automatic win with a half decent team around him" McDavid (altho he'll probably only go to FLA or WPG could be forgetting someone tho)
Leon Draisiatl
at many more

PuJu Klefbom Larsson and maybe some others are going nowhere

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad