Confirmed with Link: Dewer traded to Toronto for Dmitry Ovchinnikov and a 2026 4th Round Pick

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Trading a 3rd round pick who actually became a useful NHL player for a 4th round pick is a loser move. Just another in the long line of such moves this franchise has endured since its founding.

Everytime you'd think the franchise moves forward by picking a useful NHL player in the 3rd (or later) rather than picking guys with no upside whatsoever... it actually seems to take a step back.

Dewar is not irreplaceable for what he brought but it's just so futile. Iowa is a bad team, and this is a bad franchise, even if it has far more enjoyable talents than at any other point in its existence.

Reactions: AKL and 57special

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Trading a 3rd round pick who actually became a useful NHL player for a 4th round pick is a loser move. Just another in the long line of such moves this franchise has endured since its founding.

Everytime you'd think the franchise moves forward by picking a useful NHL player in the 3rd (or later) rather than picking guys with no upside whatsoever... it actually seems to take a step back.

Dewar is not irreplaceable for what he brought but it's just so futile. Iowa is a bad team, and this is a bad franchise, even if it has far more enjoyable talents than at any other point in its existence.
The problem isn't trading a former 3rd for a 4th... to me that is hardly needle moving in any direction... the problem is having to keep Freddy while needing to move Dewar to make room for better players.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
The problem isn't trading a former 3rd for a 4th... to me that is hardly needle moving in any direction... the problem is having to keep Freddy while needing to move Dewar to make room for better players.
That contract is definitely and completely bonkers. We'll probably be retaining on it next TDL.

Reactions: 57special

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
While Dewar has been out there playing FG has been getting scratched, and Foligno out injured. Not mad at Foligno, but that's what happens with older players.

This team is going to be hard to watch next year. There is nothing down in Iowa, and we are relying on Marat(a 20 point KHL season, while playing with Michkov at times), Letierri, Milne, Beckman to fill out the line up.

Meanwhile i still have to watch Merrill, Gaudreau, Foligno, MarJo(hopefully not MAF?) trotting their aging bodies out there, and Zucc is going to start falling apart any day now. IT's a shame that we are wasting Kaprizov and JEE's prime.

Reactions: TaLoN and MuckOG

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Pretty sure it's the same name, just different transliteration from cyrillic to latin.

It's the same in English, don't ever let a native speaker catch you saying that though. There are very subtle differences that I still can't pick up.

The more correct version is Dmitry though. KHL and NHL websites both reflect this, I believe. Dmitri and Dmitriy are both acceptable.

In theory, и is an 'ee' sound, and й is a 'y' sound.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
You broke into the Wild locker room and wrote "Bye bye, Deweys!" on the wall, didn't you?
You forgot the “and good riddance!”

They didn’t serve a purpose on this team and they needed to make room for prospects and players coming back.

Reactions: Wabit

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
While Dewar has been out there playing FG has been getting scratched, and Foligno out injured. Not mad at Foligno, but that's what happens with older players.

This team is going to be hard to watch next year. There is nothing down in Iowa, and we are relying on Marat(a 20 point KHL season, while playing with Michkov at times), Letierri, Milne, Beckman to fill out the line up.

Meanwhile i still have to watch Merrill, Gaudreau, Foligno, MarJo(hopefully not MAF?) trotting their aging bodies out there, and Zucc is going to start falling apart any day now. IT's a shame that we are wasting Kaprizov and JEE's prime.
This is such a :facepalm: moment. Next year will be much more entertaining with Yurov (calling it now), Ohgren, Khusnutdinov, etc.

Regardless, keeping or trading Dewar doesn’t impact this at all. If people find enjoyment watching Dewar play… :help: He’s replacement level.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
This is such a :facepalm: moment. Next year will be much more entertaining with Yurov (calling it now), Ohgren, Khusnutdinov, etc.

Regardless, keeping or trading Dewar doesn’t impact this at all. If people find enjoyment watching Dewar play… :help: He’s replacement level.
I feel sorry for whomever gets stuck with Freddy instead of Dewy

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I’m fine with Freddy at 4C here if he can’t be traded. He’s literally the same level player as Dewar, if not better.
Has he been in tree past? Yes
Has he been since he got his comfortable contract? No

He's unmotivated and firmly loving the country club

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Not much of a stretch, would be nearly impossible to have a worse season. Having said that, being injured is obviously a large factor in Freddy’s struggles. If he can actually heal, he is a perfectly capable role player.
Ever since the Reaves(?) hit he hasn't been the same. Get some healing done in the off season and I think he'll be back to his average. Plus, it's not like he's making an ungodly amount of money.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'd have no problem trading Dewar (and Duhaime) if the plan is for the fourth line to feature Foligno and Gaudreau instead. I just question whether that's the plan, or if they'll end up running guys like Lettieri and Lucchini out there while Foligno and Gaudreau get third line minutes and we still have no secondary scoring.

Kaprizov-Ek-Yurov
Heidt-Rossi-Boldy
Ohgren-Khusnutdinov-Hartman
Foligno-Gaudreau-Zuccarello

Could be a fun team to watch though. In fact I could make half a dozen lineups that are more fun than what I assume they'll actually run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad