Devs

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
How did they do that?

The kid, Lyndon, did it when he tapped into the different timeline... then he specifically says to Katie that "Forrest is wrong"... and she agrees. He also says he wishes Everett wasn't the right theory... Everett is many-worlds.

I mean, it's a point that Lily's rejection of what's pre-determined might be deterministic in itself... that's a paradox. But I go back to the fact that Devs was able to tap into other past timelines, which doesn't make sense if many-worlds isn't the implied reality.

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
Did I miss something? It's possible I got distracted.

After the meeting at the dam I only saw one future for both.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Did I miss something? It's possible I got distracted.

After the meeting at the dam I only saw one future for both.

For Lyndon and Katie? Well, actually you see multiple futures for both at the end of that scene. Same outcome in all of the ones we see, but they are different futures, just as what happens with Lily and Forrest is the same outcome as what Forrest expected, but it’s not the same future

OzzyFan

Sep 17, 2012
Bumping this. I don't have the time to write a post I want about this. But in short for now, this was a very interesting Sci-fi drama on existentialism and more. Love Garland's work and can't wait to see what he does next.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Bit of a late kick, but

Alex Garland is a phenomenal sci-fi auteur

^pretty much this. I loved it - although I agree to some extent that the lead actress could've been better. I can only imagine what Alicia Vikander would do with that role.

But anyway, I absolutely loved the concept. Some of those scenes in the earlier episodes were brilliant. The opening minutes of episode 3 for example, that was some of the most erie stuff I've ever seen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad