Post-Game Talk: devs beat rags

Status
Not open for further replies.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Other observations:

Moore had another poor game, doing nothing to stop Nash on the 1st Rangers goal, and giving Nash a CLEAN breakaway in the 3rd.

Butcher had his best game as a Devil. Wise beyond his years and experience. I didnt notice Santini at all, which means he had a "good" game too.

Many cute plays in 'D' zone rather than taking the simple out, led to pucks NOT getting out of Devils zone. I hate this. Hockey didnt used to be played this way. Easily could have cost them.

The worlds greatest Toilet Bowl is full of morons from top to bottom. Bowl full of temporary morons because they were told to be for the night. Upper levels full of full time morons sprinkled between decent people who paid their hard earned cash to be there.

Camille the Eel

Hischier's back check on the play where Lovejoy got called for hooking was amazing. He prevented a backdoor goal by chasing down the guy being passed to, open, on the side of the net. (As Dano noticed in the telecast). The kid is amazing, doing that kind of thing as a rookie? Wow. Patrice Bergeron play. On the other hand Nico had better learn to keep his head down a little, to keep out of harms way, because he's already a marked man.

Nash's elbow to his head should be looked at by the league. Definite intent to injure. Ti Domi class.

devilos

Jun 18, 2012
Arlington, VA
Hischier's back check on the play where Lovejoy got called for hooking was amazing. He prevented a backdoor goal by chasing down the guy being passed to, open, on the side of the net. (As Dano noticed in the telecast). The kid is amazing, doing that kind of thing as a rookie? Wow. Patrice Bergeron play. On the other hand Nico had better learn to keep his head down a little, to keep out of harms way, because he's already a marked man.

Nash's elbow to his head should be looked at by the league. Definite intent to injure. Ti Domi class.

I was stuck with the Rags broadcast and they even complimented that back check. I'm also glad Nico's body held up on the Nash play.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
He won't. He's only averaging 20:22 per game through 5 games.

20:22 with the first two games of the season only playing 16 minutes. The last 3 he's played 20:54, 22:20 and 25: 44

Greene is playing a lot. I don't know if it is too much or not? We'll only know as the season progresses.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Is this CHICO? ---- >
1f468-1f3fb.png

:laugh:

it is to me :laugh:

Reactions: glenwo2

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
20:22 with the first two games of the season only playing 16 minutes. The last 3 he's played 20:54, 22:20 and 25: 44

Greene is playing a lot. I don't know if it is too much or not? We'll only know as the season progresses.
20-22 minutes isn't more than he should be able to handle. Playing 25+ a night would be too much in my opinion, but if he's averaging in the low 20s he should be fine.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
So Im not sure what happened with MoJo and Zacha but if it wasnt injury related, then hopefully they learned the lesson.

I wanted to pay attention to Santini this game on all of his shifts and ever shift it seemed he took his man totally out of the play or was in the right spot. Santini is getting better game by game and with Greene and Severson playing well now, add Santini and thats a nice top 3. Butcher is smart and just seems to have a 6th sense to do the little things to make up for his lack of speed. By the end of the year i believe Greene Severson Santini and Butcher will be handling most of our top 4 minutes.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Missed the Nash elbow till now. He better get suspended. If our league wants to protect its players from slashed to the gloves then it damn well better sit a guy for elbowing someone’s head.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
So Im not sure what happened with MoJo and Zacha but if it wasnt injury related, then hopefully they learned the lesson.

I wanted to pay attention to Santini this game on all of his shifts and ever shift it seemed he took his man totally out of the play or was in the right spot. Santini is getting better game by game and with Greene and Severson playing well now, add Santini and thats a nice top 3. Butcher is smart and just seems to have a 6th sense to do the little things to make up for his lack of speed. By the end of the year i believe Greene Severson Santini and Butcher will be handling most of our top 4 minutes.
MoJo, Zacha, and Hayes were benched for lazy/poor play. I agree that Santini had a great game. He's really shot up the depth chart to start the season.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

Missing defensive assignments and turning the puck over with blind drop passed in your own defensive zone that result in easy scoring chances should get you sat.

Reactions: Blender

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
Two hot teams next in Tampa and Ottawa with San Jose on back to back (long flight from Ottawa back), maybe DeBoer with a lose could get canned :D .

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Two hot teams next in Tampa and Ottawa with San Jose on back to back (long flight from Ottawa back), maybe DeBoer with a lose could get canned :D .
Going to be a tough week. Ottawa has some defensive issues, so hopefully we can exploit that. Tampa is going to be a very difficult game even if we play perfectly.

After those three games we're off for a week. Great scheduling. :facepalm:

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I missed the game, but watching highlights and reading this thread it sounds like we got our asses kicked and we only won because of the fourth line, Kinkaid, and LOLPavelec?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I missed the game, but watching highlights and reading this thread it sounds like we got our asses kicked and we only won because of the fourth line, Kinkaid, and LOLPavelec?
That's not entirely accurate. We were putrid in the first period, we were out shot 14-3, and Kinkaid bailed us out. Hynes benched three players and rolled new lines in the second and we controlled the play a lot, out shot the Rags 12-3 and scored 2 goals. Got another goal a minute into the 3rd, then held on for dear life in the rest of the period. Kinkaid saved us again, and had some tired legs near the end. Lots of stupid penalties again.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
You can't call time outs after icings anymore. It is a league wide rule change

Didnt realize that. That's a moronic rule change. But I guess it accomplishes two things the league wants, shorter game to appease their TV masters, and more scoring. When the day comes when they increase the size of the net, I'll stop watching hockey altogether.

We got lucky last night. We've played one good period out of the last eight. Call me crazy, because we're 4 and 1, and I'm worried it's only just a mirage.

Pretty much agree. A 4-1 record, but they've played some poor teams and won games when they werent great.

The only playoff contender they played absolutely bitchslapped them. It's a work in progress, and at the end of the day this team is greatly improved since last year, which is all I care about. Baby steps to a return to the playoffs.

Nico is our smartest center so I'd have him out there over Coleman and Zacha as well.

Not in an EN situation when you're battling in the defensive zone. He goes about a buck sixty or so tops and gets easily manhandled on the boards. Just a silly hockey decision IMO.

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
Going to be a tough week. Ottawa has some defensive issues, so hopefully we can exploit that. Tampa is going to be a very difficult game even if we play perfectly.

After those three games we're off for a week. Great scheduling. :facepalm:

Karlsson will probably be back on tuesday Boucher said so he'll be another problem to deal with.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I just got done finishing the game, I had something else to do last night and went in full shutdown mode with the phone so it was never spoiled for me, just an awesome win especially after that horrible first period.

Butcher has just been ridiculously good, they better start selling some player t shirts for him at the arena, this kid seems legit.

Kinkaid was on point tonight and he definitely earned himself a game next week in one of the back to backs.

Tuesday can't get here quick enough, this has been so much fun so far.

Also, f*** the Rangers!

Reactions: Devils Dominion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad