• McDonaugh

Votes: 29 18.2%
  • Even

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters

banks

W W 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
Voted McDonaugh. I figured it would be close, and I know Toews has had a monster year. But I'm still a bit surprised by the results.

Maybe I just see more of McDonaugh, and don't see enough of Toews.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Cernak and Makar are very different partners. From scratch for one season I take McD. But Toews next to Makar on the Avs is better than McD would be.

Yeah. This is what complicates things a little bit for me. I kind of lean toward taking McDonagh here, because i have a lot of confidence in his ability to play at that high level with a wide variety of partners. Long track record of #1D caliber two-way play. Whereas it's not as entirely clear just how good Toews would be, if he didn't play stapled directly to the most dynamic defenceman in the game. He's obviously a top flight defenceman in his own right, but it's tough to pin down just how much that perfect sort of synergy playing with Makar flatters his game.

Could be just discounting Toews individual ability a little bit. But hard to go wrong with McDonagh here. You know exactly what you're gonna get, and it's very good.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I like McDonagh defensively but Toews probably better all around. For the devils I'd probably take McDonagh but really close.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Voted McDonaugh. I figured it would be close, and I know Toews has had a monster year. But I'm still a bit surprised by the results.

Maybe I just see more of McDonaugh, and don't see enough of Toews.

McDonagh was arguably one of Tampas top 3 players last year too, his play from the 2021 run is underrated IMO

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Toews very easily. He was great with the Isles too, so he's not just a product of playing with Makar.

I mean how many isles games did you watch? Don’t think that many. He was a good player for sure but idk about great. He was clearly behind both Pelech and Pulock. Our 3,4,5 was pretty dam close with himself Leddy and Mayfield. They all had stretches of the season where one may have been better than the other. In the 2019 playoffs you could say he was the worst out of those 3.

Long story short the Isles jammed themselves and gave away the most talented of the three since the other two were under contract. They messed up big time letting him go as he clearly had the highest upside. Killed it in Bridgeport too. With that being said he certainly wasn’t averaging .86 points per game finishing +52 in a year. He was not great by any means but a good second line at times 3rd pairing (more because of the isles depth on D). Since leaving the Isles he took big strides forward but it does also help playing on Colorado and your crazy if you think otherwise.

Toews is the man and I hope he wins a few cups before his contract is up in 2 years. Then pay the man with a big deal as it will be deserved.

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
Maybe I'm biased because when I see Toews its often against Tampa, but he definitely hasn't been good in series against Tampa. With the Isles two years ago he was -5 for the series. So far in this series against Tampa he's -3 and gotten walked several times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad