Prospect Info: Devon Levi, G (Obtained in Reinhart trade) Northeastern University (NCAA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Read these 2020 draft day takes before making the lazy "one good tournament" post:
So this guy is a monster of a goalie. He is small, but pound for pound best goalie in the draft. I coached against him watched him for 3 years and lord if he was bigger.

he’s calm, he’s got a lot of poise in the nets. He’s an absolute workHorse and a competitor, He’s literally comfortable stealing games and gets better the more he sees the puck. Technically sound, great reflexes and his positioning is also great his flaw is his size.

last year this kid took down the best team my midget league had ever seen, 7 game series, 50 shots against average, they couldn’t beat him. He wins where he goes.

he was drafted and chased after for 3 years by Blainville in the Q but is taking the slow road.

His numbers in the CCHL are absurd, he is that team. He stole the show at the WRJA challenge and will start at northeastern.

he wasn’t invited to the camp, but some believe he will be Canada’s goalie at the WJC.

a year from now I truly believe we could be talking about him as one of the better goalie prospects. He’s played at lower levels by choice, and dominated.

if he gets 1-2 inches, watch out. I do believe he will be an nhl goalie and could be more.

I'll echo these sentiments. I think Levi has the potential to be one of the best goaltenders from this draft class. Size is so overrated in the position these days. Levi has everything you want in an NHL netminder. If you can find some footage (I believe on youtube or Hockey Canada's website) of the World Junior A Challenge, do it. He was the MVP of the event, an event where many top prospects for this draft participated.

allsilverdreams

Jan 17, 2011
Not the kids fault he was traded for a popular player .and a good one as well.
We might see him in 3-5 years. Hope he can grow in many areas.

Reactions: joshjull

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
The only silver lining I’m getting here is we do not have to draft a G and can swing for the fences on BPA in the draft.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
weird ass emotions stirring around, good place for a rebuild but feel like we are going to be at our pre-Reinhart point but having used better assets to get (back) there, hoping that this guys career can stay seperate from the disappointment that brought him

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
When we take a 7th round goalie as our big prospect piece aside from a 1st which is protected, I would have wanted a higher floor to start with. No offense to Levi, who looked stellar at the 2021 WJR. But, meh. This is as much of a fumble of a trade as Ryan O'Reilly. I get that an unsigned RFA, most likely hindered the ask, but I would have pulled out of this deal, and reassessed and made other calls. You should have been able to come back to this "dog shit return".

Reactions: The Blunder Years

MillerTime

Apr 27, 2003
Halifax
When we take a 7th round goalie as our big prospect piece aside from a 1st which is protected, I would have wanted a higher floor to start with. No offense to Levi, who looked stellar at the 2021 WJR. But, meh. This is as much of a fumble of a trade as Ryan O'Reilly. I get that an unsigned RFA, most likely hindered the ask, but I would have pulled out of this deal, and reassessed and made other calls. You should have been able to come back to this "dog shit return".
Ryan Miller was drafted in the 5th round. I don't think we should be upset with the prospect just because of the round he was picked in.
Apparently Luongo was the one behind this pick for Florida. He was bugging them to take him because he felt so strongly. I'm willing to see how he pans out. Nice having maybe 3 up and coming goalies with some potential.

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
Ryan Miller was drafted in the 5th round. I don't think we should be upset with the prospect just because of the round he was picked in.
Apparently Luongo was the one behind this pick for Florida. He was bugging them to take him because he felt so strongly. I'm willing to see how he pans out. Nice having maybe 3 up and coming goalies with some potential.
I think ullmark was a 6th rounder if I recall correctly as well…

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
As a member of the short goalie union, I can admit that is part of it. But, Knight has proven way more and is a better prospect at this point.
I think it’s fair, given that Knight is in the pro’s, has a larger body of work at a higher level. The early results on Levi look promising.

I’d have to the Buffalo asked for Levi’s inclusion; and that Florida didn’t offer. Either way it’s a solid for him as he was stuck, UPL looks to be very good, but I still think it’s a clearer path for Devon.

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
It's amazing that the goalie picked 13th overall in 2019 and the goalie picked 212th overall in 2020 are being closely debated lol. I'll admit I've only seen Knight play in that one playoff game he started and I was impressed. Never seen Levi though. Hopefully he's in Rochester soon to be viewed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jacob582
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad