Confirmed with Link: Devin Setoguchi fined $8,108.11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
If you watch the entire play at full speed, it is quite obvious that Seto turned, saw the guy coming at him, and raised his hands to protect himself, unforntunately he still had his stick in those hands.

There is no way this was some angry, predetermined attempt to injure Quincey.

It was just Seto making a knee jerk reaction.

Yes it was a penalty, and I have no problem with that.

But since it was a Minnesota Wild player, he will get the book thrown at him, since apparently the Wild are the scourge of the NHL.

3 games suspended and a fine.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
VjGmTsj.gif

I'm sorry.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
If you watch the entire play at full speed, it is quite obvious that Seto turned, saw the guy coming at him, and raised his hands to protect himself, unforntunately he still had his stick in those hands.

There is no way this was some angry, predetermined attempt to injure Quincey.

It was just Seto making a knee jerk reaction.

Yes it was a penalty, and I have no problem with that.

But since it was a Minnesota Wild player, he will get the book thrown at him, since apparently the Wild are the scourge of the NHL.

3 games suspended and a fine.

With Shanahan you never know. If he suspends Seto I would hope there would be an appeal.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Think it's just to give him a warning more than anything. If no meeting is called, some might think it's setting a precedent.

"Watch your stick at all times. Don't put yourself in a position where you'll be subjected to a violent hit if you aren't planning on absorbing it. Now get outta here and go play some clean hockey."

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Think it's just to give him a warning more than anything. If no meeting is called, some might think it's setting a precedent.

"Watch your stick at all times. Don't put yourself in a position where you'll be subjected to a violent hit if you aren't planning on absorbing it. Now get outta here and go play some clean hockey."

*pats butt*

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
It'll probably be fine/1 game/nothing. Not intentional, but we could've really done without a 4-minute PK. So please don't do it again, Seto.

Emilie

Feb 6, 2013
MN
Gotta remember it was against Shanahan's team too. Between the hate he has for the Wild and the fact it was against the Wings...could be bad for Seto

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
God, Shanahan is a joke. Deliberately injure a Wild player (Falk, Spurgeon) or try too (Cullen), not even a hearing. But OMG! Protect yourself and do something stupid, WE NEED TO TALK NOW!

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
Wings fan here, honestly I thought the penalty was more than enough. You could tell it was a split second reaction and seto even looked concerned when Q went down. He showed like he actually cared which seems kind of rare nowadays. I have no hate towards the Wild and like the organization and I would be mad as well if he got anything more. Congrats on the win too btw lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad