Post-Game Talk: Devils

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
This is the kind of thing that bothers me about this team. We can be in a game, and then have it completely turn into a crap show so very quickly.

On the bright side, Copp had a hat trick. Oh wait, I read that wrong, Copp has three goals this entire season.

This is very well done, legit laughed out loud!

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
We were 12-6 in shots through 30 min, or something like that. To this point we outshot and outplayed them slightly though they had slightly better chances. Then they got the PP and they needed 5 seconds to score. This was just after we had our PP and obviously did not score nor did we created momentum as they scored straight after our PP.
Hamilton is very dangerous and he was our killer with the canes too. It seemed very strange that neither Larkin nor Copp picked him up and Seider left his position to pick him, but it was both wrong and late.
I don't have too much problems with their 2 1st goals, but 3rd and 4th seemed like they give up on the play. That is very bad. 5th goal was Fabbris turnover.

We had chances. Larkin, Rasmussen, Kubalik, Oesterle and Sundqvist. At least one of those should have been a goal. Those prime scoring chances.
We have 2 players who can create something, namely Larkin and Berggren. Berggren was our best player. He had 4-5 very good plays.
Lalonde is blind. Berggren has to be on PP 1 so does Hronek.
Hronek has a better shot than Seider and Seider does not even use it.
Lalonde should not have changed the lineup and hellberg should have started the game.

This was the biggest game of the season for them. Lalonde should have made it big for us and we should have played like it was a playoffs game. They are .500 at home, but probably .700 or .800 on the road.
We have allowed about 16 goals before we have scored one. Why is it like this?
I didn't like we lost, specially not the way we lost as 5-0 is bad.

Last edited:

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Just curious how Larkin is looking this season?

Do you expect this to be a career year for him, especially with him being a pending UFA?

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Just curious how Larkin is looking this season?

Do you expect this to be a career year for him, especially with him being a pending UFA?
Me? It seems I am all alone in this thread. Everyone else in the Vrana thread. But I as everyone else have 2 profiles and if you have 2 too, we could have a nice discussion. 😉🤣

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
On January 5th of 2022 we had 16 wins. Today we have 16 wins. It’s a repeat of last year
For it to be a repeat of last year the Wings would have to completely fall apart in the second half of the season again. How they finish the year will be more telling. And more importantly to see how they young players are developing.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
For it to be a repeat of last year the Wings would have to completely fall apart in the second half of the season again. How they finish the year will be more telling. And more importantly to see how they young players are developing.

It's hard for me to feel too critical given the absence of key goal scorers from the lineup. I think all of us expected about 60 goals from Bert and Vrana. Instead they've combined for 2 goals. Even if a few kids step in to fill that gap, they aren't 30 goal guys like those two.

And then there's Seider slumping. He carried a ton last season and that same level of impact isn't present now.

So the team being in the same spot isn't surprising given the above, but it's disappointing. Because we need Seider to look elite, we needed Vrana to bounce back, and Bert to stay on the ice. Without those elements, the future of the team is a little foggier and Yzerman may need another busy off-season to fill these gaps that we thought were already filled.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
No chance imo. He is the same level of player as bedard. Would be the biggest steal of all time
Iron curtain is coming back and who knows what is going to happen in Russia in upcoming years and Michkov is signed until 2026, i think the uncertainty is going to scare away few rebuilding teams. They are going to want players who can help them get better sooner not later, but playoff teams who had a bad year could easily risk it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad