Pre-Game Talk: Devils @ Wings 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Two of the worst teams offensively against eachother, I predict another low-scoring and problaby OT game.

Need to win this to try and keep pace with Boston and Florida, and take advantage of Montreal's struggles.

CanadaIsIrrelevant

Mar 20, 2011
Sweden
Let loose

12366273_10205477507765198_3614997898600373568_n.jpg

:wings Let's Go Red Wings! :wings

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Per Khan

Dylan Larkin-Henrik Zetterberg-Justin Abdelkader

Darren Helm-Pavel Datsyuk-Brad Richards

Gustav Nyquist-Riley Sheahan-Tomas Tatar

Tomas Jurco-Luke Glendening-Joakim Andersson

Tomas Nosek (healthy scratch)

On defense:

Niklas Kronwall-Danny DeKeyser

Brendan Smith-Mike Green

Jakub Kindl-Alexey Marchenko

Xavier Ouellet (healthy scratch)

In goal:

Jimmy Howard (starting)

Petr Mrazek

Aug 6, 2012
Really intrigued by that second pair, think it could be really good. Gonna be at the game tonight. Let's go boys!

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Second chance Kindl continuing to play is hilarious. XO is out of options next year and he can't even beat out Kindl - that really bodes well for our defense moving forward.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Second chance Kindl continuing to play is hilarious. XO is out of options next year and he can't even beat out Kindl - that really bodes well for our defense moving forward.

Yeah considering that Holland just gave XO a 1 year deal next year, I would assume that he's either on the team next year or possible trade bait at the trade deadline I would assume. Seeing that he's out of options next year.

MTU hockey

Mar 4, 2013
Colorado

I don't think the problem is that he can't beat out Kindl. Babs put XO in over Kindl for Game 5 against Boston a few years ago in an elimination game. Babs also wanted XO on the team from the start last season but Holland overrode his decision and sent him down to GR.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I thought DeKeyser was pretty engaged offensively last game when paired with Kronwall. I thought those roles were flip flopped.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
I don't think the problem is that he can't beat out Kindl. Babs put XO in over Kindl for Game 5 against Boston a few years ago in an elimination game. Babs also wanted XO on the team from the start last season but Holland overrode his decision and sent him down to GR.

And then the following season Babs proceeded to play Marchenko over Ouellet. Blashill is doing the same. Maybe Ouellet isn't as good as we all thought he was.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Cleary and Samuelsson were playing over Tatar and Nyquist, I don't think this is indicative of anything. Blashill doesn't think Kindl is bad, is the thing.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Might as well make this the GDT, don't have time to put one up.

Aug 6, 2012
Cleary and Samuelsson were playing over Tatar and Nyquist, I don't think this is indicative of anything. Blashill doesn't think Kindl is bad, is the thing.

Yep I have a hard time using that logic as valid reasoning in player assessment. We've seen time and time again where Ken Holland has a very hard time evaluating talent within the system. XO and Marchenko are both going to be quality defenseman, I think Marchy is getting the nod right now mostly because of handedness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad